Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: New Torture

New Torture

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shawna has gotten a TRX system for the gym. Who knew body weight work could be so HARD! Yesterday's "fun" was push ups - feet on the floor, hands in the TRX handles.

Today's "fun" was one legged squats on the Bosu with your other foot in the TRX.

I really like how everything has to work together to keep you balanced while you do these exercises.

Veronica
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay
    My Y has TRX classes. I'm toying with signing up, but I'm a bit short of time at the moment.

My trainer used TRX with me for the first time two weeks ago. It hurt, but mostly in a good way. I had trouble with a few of the "moves." For as good (and I'd like to think graceful) as I am at following along in a yoga class, I am awkwardly coordinated sometimes with my trainer. I'm sure I looked like an idiot.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

I love that kind of stuff. I don't have a TRX system but I use supportive bands and webbing in much the same way in my classes. Love it!! one of the exercises we finished off with last night was feet supported in a heavy stretchy band hanging from the pull-up bar, while holding your body in a chataranga-type yoga position. OUCH.

ETA: With your hands on the Bosu ball. mwahahahah.
    Last edited by Wahine; 02-22-2012 at 07:22 AM.
    Living life like there's no tomorrow.

http://gorgebikefitter.com/

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2010 Custom Tonic cross with discs, SRAM
    2012 Moots YBB 2 x 10 Shimano XTR
    2014 Soma B-Side SS

Wow, I don't find it torture at all. Much easier on the wrists to do push-ups on the TRX. There are a whole bunch of things that just feel good on it. Matter of fact, I've been bemoaning that we haven't used it as much lately as we used to.
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

I think TRX cables are great torture. The fitness studio that go to uses them. I've never done an entire class with them but the trainers always incorporate several different exercises on TRX each session. TRX was also helpful for me when I was rebuilding my proprioception during ankle rehab. I held on to the cables for just a bit of stability when I started doing legged exercises again.
    LORI
    Pivot Mach 4 / WTB
    Updated Vintage Terry Symmetry / Bontrager InForm RL WSD