Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

I struggle with stress freaking me out and making me moody too. I feel for you on that, no fun. Good to know you are not pregnant Keep us posted on how things turn out.

Try to take it one day at a time, for sanity's sake

Quote Originally Posted by WindingRoad View Post
    I struggle with stress freaking me out and making me moody too. I feel for you on that, no fun. Good to know you are not pregnant Keep us posted on how things turn out.

Try to take it one day at a time, for sanity's sake
    I'd be just fine if one of my cats would consistently stay healthy. Poor Henry just goes from one thing to another. Last week, it was an ever-worsening case of chin acne (yes, cats actually get blackheads) that he simply will not leave alone and a limp in one of his hind legs. He's going to be death of me. I worry--sometimes excessively--over every illness and injury, especially when we're scheduled to be out of town.

But you're right; I need to take it a day at a time. My vet was very helpful in reminding me, too, that sometimes there is only so much we can do for our pets. As fatalistic as that sounds, it's good for me to be reminded of it.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Well, I went off my anti-thyroid medicine about three weeks ago--with my doc's permission--and so far, I seem okay. Every time I've reduced my meds, I've had a short period of adjustment where I felt edgy and a little racy. I've had some of that this go around, but it seems to be passing. I haven't had trouble sleeping for the most part, and my resting heart rate has been normal (for me). Yesterday, I saw it as low as 49, so that's good. I get bloodwork next week, and have another follow up visit with her in July. If my numbers remain in the normal range, then there's hope that I'm in remission. Fingers crossed.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Quote Originally Posted by indysteel View Post
    ....If my numbers remain in the normal range, then there's hope that I'm in remission. Fingers crossed.
    Fingers, toes, and hair crossed for you. hmmm, don't know how to cross my hair but you get the idea

Quote Originally Posted by Catrin View Post
    Fingers, toes, and hair crossed for you. hmmm, don't know how to cross my hair but you get the idea
    Thanks!

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Good luck!
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

I really hope this works! It sounds great so far.
    '02 Eddy Merckx Fuga, Selle An Atomica
    '85 Eddy Merckx Professional, Selle An Atomica

'10 Soma Double Cross DC, Selle An Atomica

Slacker on wheels.

Sending positive wishes your way Indy.

Shannon
    Starbucks.. did someone say Starbucks?!?!
    http://www.cincylights.com

Hi Indy, glad to hear you are feeling ok. Keep us posted and take good care.

Mother of God, this just gets more and more confusing. I stopped all anti-thyroid meds in April. Last week, I had my first bloodwork done since then. I expected my TSH to be lower and hopefully well within the range of normal. And I define normal as being between 0.3 to 3.0.

Nope. It's at 4.47, which suggests that it's even more suppressed, i.e., hypoactive, from when I was on actually on the meds that were supposed to be suppressing it. Uh, what? It's going in the wrong direction. Plus, the message my doc's office left telling me to just recheck it in another 7-8 weeks, which leads me to believe that she saw nothing weird about this. So, I guess I'm back to feeling like I need a new doc and some logical explanation as to why someone who was initially diagnosed with Grave's Disease, albeit a mild form of it, now has a thyroid that's underactive even after going off meds.

I'm so frustrated.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Yes, it is frustrating! Would it be difficult to get a second opinion? I don't know what medication they had you on, but I understand that some thyroid medication can suppress the thyroid for longer than expected. I am no expert, and there may be nothing to that but perhaps your body needs more time to work this out?

Quote Originally Posted by Catrin View Post
    Yes, it is frustrating! Would it be difficult to get a second opinion? I don't know what medication they had you on, but I understand that some thyroid medication can suppress the thyroid for longer than expected. I am no expert, and there may be nothing to that but perhaps your body needs more time to work this out?
    There are really only two antithyroid meds used in the States, and I was on the more common of the two. It should have left my system entirely weeks ago. And I was on a tiny dose to begin with. The only thing that gives me comfort is that my Total T4 and Free T4 are within normal ranges. But if my TSH continues to trend up, then I'll need to address it. I just wish I understood what my autoimmune system was up to.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Quote Originally Posted by indysteel View Post
    There are really only two antithyroid meds used in the States, and I was on the more common of the two. It should have left my system entirely weeks ago. And I was on a tiny dose to begin with. The only thing that gives me comfort is that my Total T4 and Free T4 are within normal ranges. But if my TSH continues to trend up, then I'll need to address it. I just wish I understood what my autoimmune system was up to.
    I hear you...autoimmune system stuff can be so frustrating. It took me a long time to understand that my Graves Disease was a symptom of a deeper problem, not the actual problem. I don't remember what I was taking, I tend to remember the massive amount of beta blockers they had me on rather than the actual thyroid medication...but all of this was in the 80s's. My situation was quite different however, thankfully for you. It is good to hear your other numbers are normal and may your next test be in the normal range.

Oh boy. That stinks. Subjectively, do you feel hypothyroid, consistent with the test results? Or is it possible something's just off with the lab?
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Oy, I have had the same experience with my new, supposedly "wellness friendly" internist, with my lipid profile. I called last week to get the order for a new test; she said wait 6-8 wks. I called the office, left a message and she calls back. Hmm, I get suspicious when the doctor calls me back, instead of the office staff; I know from my friend she's having trouble building up her practice.
    She says, "And why do you want a lipid profile done?" I respond, "Ah, remember, my numbers, especially my LDL were way up. This is a change. You told me to retest in 6-8 wks." She says, "I have 6 months written here." I respond, "No, you said 6-8 wks." She replies, "Well, I guess I wrote the wrong thing."
    She faxed the order to the lab, but I am waiting until Tuesday to go, as I have other blood work that needs to be done for my osteoporosis meds.
    I am really frustrated. I feel like *I* am telling the doctor what to do. First, I have a doctor that treats me like an old lady and now I have one that doesn't know what to do with someone who isn't a dumb sh*t and can advocate for herself. She has rave reviews, but from people who need "lifestyle counseling."
    I don't want to deal with a doctor who is not affiliated with my local hospital, or I have to travel far for, for my pcp. Something is just not right here, but I guess I will stick it out for a year and then re-assess.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport