Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

ODRAM - One Day Ride Across Michigan 2012

To disable ads, please log-in.

Anyone else in? I'm one of the organizers and had a blast riding it last year (not as an organizer, but I volunteered to help with the website, this year). We've got a Facebook page for most communication between riders and organizers, too.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2

I have wanted to do this ride for a while now. I may be in.....if I can talk DH into it too
    Last edited by Trek-chick; 02-21-2012 at 04:30 AM.
    2012 Trek Lexa SL
    2012 Giant TCX2
    2015 Trek Remedy 7
    2016 Trek Lexa C
    2016 Specialized Hellga-Fat Bike

You should do it! It's such a great time. Last year I rolled with a group of about 20 or so. We broke up a bit after the lunch break, as a nasty storm rolled-through. A bunch decided they wanted to brave it. The rest of us took an extended break and waited the worst of it out. We got wet, but had fun, nonetheless. I was really glad that I'd sent a few dry and warmer items along with DH to change into at the lunch stop, though.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'12 Salsa Mukluk 3

For anyone contemplating this ride, we just set up a group on FB (in addition to our FB information page and general website, which aren't as useful for discussion) - ODRAM Riders Hub. Feel free to join and ask any questions you might have.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'12 Salsa Mukluk 3

Saw this last night in my Michigan Bike calendar. I am on the east side of the state do does anything get organized going from east to west????
    Felt F65
    Specialized Crux Expert Force (My baby)

Quote Originally Posted by kamikazejane View Post
    Saw this last night in my Michigan Bike calendar. I am on the east side of the state do does anything get organized going from east to west????
    There are some crazy people who ride back the next day...but that's a totally unofficial ride. They call it MARDO (mad @ss ride do over). There is also the PALM ride (pedal across lower MI), but I think that is also West-to-East. I imagine it has a lot to do with prevailing winds. Only sadists want to risk riding 150ish miles with a headwind the entire way.

I think a lot of folks from the Eastern side of the state carpool over and/or take the bus back that night, then drive back home the next AM. If you wanted to find people to travel with we have a FB group for connecting with other riders, ODRAM Riders Hub.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'12 Salsa Mukluk 3