Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 222829303132

Thread: Weekend Rides?

To disable ads, please log-in.

Rode on Lopez Island today. It's beautiful, but definitely not flat. Who writes these descriptions?
    Lots of riders here, but not crowded on the roads. Had a good lunch, but we are now waiting for the ferry back to Friday Harbor ( a 2 hr wait) and I fully admit to having onion rings as my recovery food.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    Rode on Lopez Island today. It's beautiful, but definitely not flat. Who writes these descriptions?
    Lots of riders here, but not crowded on the roads. Had a good lunch, but we are now waiting for the ferry back to Friday Harbor ( a 2 hr wait) and I fully admit to having onion rings as my recovery food.
    onion rings sound amazing right now.

someday i really want to go to the san juan islands. i'm jealous of you!

I got in a ride this weekend! First time on the bike since the crash. We set it up with a trainer, a step stool with a step high enough to reach my phone, tv remote and steps for me. I rode for an hour at approx zone 2, possibly 3.

I needed help getting on and off the bike, and I don't have the upper body strength on my left side to grip the handlebars for balance yet, so I don't know that I'm ready to go on the road. I will probably try for another hour tonight, and again later in the week, as I am also starting PT. Yay, exercise!

I'll admit, it was a little nerve wracking to be on the bike again, despite the safety of the set up.
    1984 Raleigh Technium 440 - retired(coffee runs)
    2012 Cannondale Synapse 5 WSD - 365 miles (updated 7.12.2012) - in a holding pattern due to injury.
    My blog: http://bikesbooksblues.wordpress.com/
    Fundraising link for my friend Aimee, after her ped/car accident