Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

To disable ads, please log-in.

I'm not crazy about our animal control people for reasons I won't go into here, but it's hardly enforced unless someone of stature makes a complaint.

Not all who wander are lost

Quote Originally Posted by beccaB View Post
    I'm not crazy about our animal control people for reasons I won't go into here, but it's hardly enforced unless someone of stature makes a complaint.
    Yeah, I think that happens here with our dog leash law. I see dogs running loose ALL the time, so I doubt the law is being enforced much, if at all.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2

Quote Originally Posted by zoom-zoom View Post
    You hit the nail on the head. People take in more animals than then can afford...they don't have them fixed, then they let them outside and they breed indiscriminately. And people like you and me end up doing the right thing and doing their dirty work. And the animals are the ones to suffer. It makes me livid. And when these people lose a pet (because you or I take the pet in or take it to the shelter) they just go out and get another pet and start the cycle over. They sleep at night and we got to bed crying and mourning for animals that we never got to properly love, but still had to say goodbye to. It sucks and it's really not fair.
    Agree!

Got the results back from the rabies test: sweet kitty was negative. The vet who examined her believed that she was suffering from something else neurological...perhaps FIV, FeLV, or toxoplasmosis...all things that a properly vaccinated, indoor cat is essentially immune from. Toxoplasmosis is a parasite and can prove dangerous to humans, too (particularly in-utero, but also to full-fleged Humans). No vaccine for that, but indoor cats aren't really at risk for carrying the parasite or transmitting it.

While I am relieved to not have to deal with the series of shots, I am still very sad that an innocent animal had to endure such a horrible last day of life. And our cash-strapped humane society has to foot an irresponsible person's vet bill.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2