Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Just moved to Newport, or

To disable ads, please log-in.

Is there anyone out there that rides around Newport?

I would love to find someone to ride with
    tina

Home of the Rogue Nation headquarters !!! Lucky!
    Sarah

When it's easy, ride hard; when it's hard, ride easy.

2011 Volagi Liscio
    2010 Pegoretti Love #3 "Manovelo"
    2011 Mercian Vincitore Special
    2003 Eddy Merckx Team SC - stolen
    2001 Colnago Ovalmaster Stars and Stripes

What brought you to Newport (if you're comfortable answering)? Even though you don't need to stay at the following since you live there, you should check out the Sylvia Beach Hotel. We've been there several times - it's a great ocean-front hotel that's book-themed...each room's decorated in the theme of an author. No TV's or even internet but a great dinner downstairs (family style - forces you to meet other people) and a cozy ocean-front library on the 3rd floor with fireplace and lots of soft chairs and couches to read or play board games. They serve coffee and tea up there throughout the day and hot mulled wine at night. Not sure if you could hang out there without staying there but you could ask, if you're into that sort of thing. Unless you have a better view where you are, that is!

How serious of a rider are you? If you're not *too* serious, I could let you know next time I'm going. I have family there. I'm more about leisure but could definitely do a long-ish ride and I go fairly fast but am not into serious hard-core riding. I'm also finally going to invest in a proper bike rack so I can take my bike with me more easily. Have you discovered any nice ocean-front paths that are long enough for a worthwhile ride?