Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

2011 Madone 4.5 WSD

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hey everyone! I'm new to the forum and looking at at Madone 4.5 WSD. Used to ride a Cannondale R1000 but it just didn't fit and couldn't get dialed in well. I'm small and have found the Trek geometry fits me the best.

Anyone have any opinons/experience with this bike? I appreciate any input.

Thanks!
    Kim

Quote Originally Posted by adventurecoach View Post
    Hey everyone! I'm new to the forum and looking at at Madone 4.5 WSD. Used to ride a Cannondale R1000 but it just didn't fit and couldn't get dialed in well. I'm small and have found the Trek geometry fits me the best.

Anyone have any opinons/experience with this bike? I appreciate any input.

Thanks!
    Kim
    How small are you?

I have the 2011 Madone 4.7 WSD in the 43cm frame size, which is just barely small enough for me. I am 4'11" and have very short arms so I needed the short reach. I am happy with the bike. If you are a bit bigger than me then there are more options if you have a short reach, such as the Specialized Ruby.
    Trek Madone 4.7 WSD
    Cannondale Quick4
    1969 Schwinn Collegiate, original owner
    Terry Classic

Richard Feynman: “The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”

I'm 5'4....went back and rode it again. Seems to fit well. Was very comfortable. Will ride one more time out for an hour or so. Most comfortable bike I have ridden yet. The higher head tube seems to help with the 51 top tube as the 47 seems small.

Quote Originally Posted by adventurecoach View Post
    I'm 5'4....went back and rode it again. Seems to fit well. Was very comfortable. Will ride one more time out for an hour or so. Most comfortable bike I have ridden yet. The higher head tube seems to help with the 51 top tube as the 47 seems small.
    Make sure someone at the shop will help you with the fit of the bike when you buy it. Generally feeling comfortable is good, but you still might benefit from a few tweaks such as a different stem or an adjustment to the handlebars.

I have a 2010 Madone 4.7 WSD. It has different components from the bike you're looking at, so it's not very comparable. But I do find it very comfortable to ride, much more so than the non-WSD bike I used to have.

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

Yep! Thanks. Great shop and got a fit done...they will swap out what is necessary so I'm dialed in.... wish I could buy a higher-end bike, but my budget is less now that it used to be. You have a great bike!! I appreciate your input. THanks so much.