Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

To disable ads, please log-in.

Yesterday was a beautiful day here even though it was still a bit chilly with a high of 40 degrees. DH and I decided to go to the lake and get our runs in on the bike paths there for a change in scenery. It was really nice. I'm pushing myself in my runs now with a goal of not taking walk breaks. I think stopping to walk is mostly mental for me due to boredom or habit. It's how I've run since the beginning. I allow myself to stop in the middle of the run--no matter how far that may be--and it seems to be working and my times are much faster. I actually got a 3.5 mile run in with an average pace of 10:33. That's great for me.

Luna Eclipse/Selle Italia Lady
    Surly Pacer/Terry Butterfly
    Quintana Roo Cd01/Koobi Stratus
    1981 Schwinn Le Tour Tourist
    Jamis Coda Femme

Stupid foot! I ran 3.5 miles yesterday and it felt okay at the time. But my foot is bothering me again this morning. Not as bad as last weekend after .2 miles... but enough that I know I should give it few more days. That means for the first time in 16 months I won't make my monthly mileage goal. That sucks.

Better now than in a few weeks when I start training for my HIM.

Veronica
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

You're making great progress, 7. No doubt, you'll be ready for the Cherry Blossom!

Hope your foot is better soon, V.

I ran Wednesday and Thursday at work---5.4 each run. My hamstrings were complaining on the hills, so on the really steep ones, I incorporated a side step uphill move that I learned in the Chi Running workshop. Made a huge difference and gave my hamstrings a break!

Today I ran 6 miles, the longest run in years. Felt really good for most of the run, but the last half mile was straight into a strong, cold headwind. Not fun!

I'm thinking about seeing if I can get into the Army 10 miler this year. This is one race that I never got around to doing back in my marathon/half-marathon days. Registration fills up extremely quickly, so even if I want to do it, there's a good chance that I won't be able to get in. Maybe I'll give it a shot and leave it to fate.

Luna Eclipse//Terry B'fly
    Luna Orbit//Sella Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    Bianchi Eros Donna//Terry Falcon
    Seven Alaris//Jett 143
    Terry Isis (Titanium)//Terry B'fly

Woke up Sat. morning with an aching left quad-- and I have no idea what caused it. So I decided to take it easy, no long run, just put in an hour on the treadmill (the weather was icky, yet again). 6.5 miles, in just under an hour. Thankfully, the quad feels much better today, except for when I was going uphill into the wind on the bike on the way to church. But now I really need to get in a 12-miler this week, if I'm to feel ready for my upcoming half.

A friend ran the disney princess half this morning; her time was very slow (for her) and I'm hoping she didn't get hurt. I'm not into all things disney, but that does sound like a fun race...

I ran today!

Yes, it's quite an accomplishment lately for me to run and enjoy it. Of course it helps that I was off this AM and sat on couch enjoying coffee and not having to rush out the door. That being said I sat around a bit too long as we are having spring/pre-summer (gorgeous!) weather today. I headed out to do the 4 mile loop with no expectations. I did wear my garmin, but did not have a pace set or time focus (well, kinda did). I also put on my "pretty" running top. Do any of you have one of those? You know the kind? I spent too much money on, it is strappy and cute and has a built in bra the actually make me look like I have boobs! It kinda vain, but I thought if I "looked good" I would "feel good" and "look like a runner". Maybe it worked. It was a warm run, but I felt good. I let my body speed up when it wanted and slow down with it wanted.

K
    katluvr

Yay! I had two good runs this weekend. I still can't run more than 4 miles at a time without my hamstring complaining, but I'll take it. I adjusted my anti-thyroid meds downward again this past week. It may or may not be coincidental, but I felt less aerobically challenged during my weekend runs. My meds were making me slightly hyper and that, it turns out, could have been the cause for my erratic heart rate.

The only thing that worries me is that I really just want to run. I haven't felt a huge urge to ride any of my bikes in a long while. Perhaps with warmer weather returning, I'll change my mind.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Looking at all the love there that's sleeping
    Quote Originally Posted by katluvr View Post
    I also put on my "pretty" running top. Do any of you have one of those? You know the kind? I spent too much money on, it is strappy and cute and has a built in bra the actually make me look like I have boobs! It kinda vain, but I thought if I "looked good" I would "feel good" and "look like a runner". Maybe it worked.
    Great to hear...but nope on the clothes thing.
    A friend and running partner of mine is forever chastising me for wearing big, baggy exercise clothes. She says I constantly buy (and wear) things that don't fit me properly and are too big. I think she thinks I have esteem issues. I think I have recurring Big Catholic Guilt, having been taught in my formative years by dour nuns.
    I'll spare y'all the little pity party I threw myself this morning in my attempt at a run. Suffice to say, DH spent all weekend keeping his head low. Probably a wise move on his part as I've been one foul woman all weekend. And the return of my partner, Insomnia, did little for my overall well being.
    2007 Seven ID8 - Bontrager InForm
    2003 Klein Palomino - Terry Firefly (?)
    2010 Seven Cafe Racer - Bontrager InForm
    2008 Cervelo P2C - Adamo Prologue Saddle

Wrapped up Febuary with a fast 3.5 miles on the treadmill (thunderstorms, this time). Other than the day I got soaked with wet snow, it's the shortest run of the month. But it was enough to take me to 130 miles for the month, most since last July.

Quote Originally Posted by skhill View Post
    But it was enough to take me to 130 miles for the month, most since last July.
    Wow, that's great! Congrats!
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

5 easy miles yesterday. Good run.
    2005 Giant TCR2
    2012 Trek Superfly Elite AL
    2nd Sport, Pando Fall Challenge 2011 and 3rd Expert Peak2Peak 2011
    2001 Trek 8000 SLR
    Iceman 2010-6th Place AG State Games, 2010-1st Sport, Cry Baby Classic 2010-7th Expert, Blackhawk XTerra Tri 2007-3rd AG

Occasionally Updated Blog

Looking at all the love there that's sleeping
    Also wrapped up the month with 3.5 on the treadmill.
    But not fast.
    And I got only 50 miles for the month - which is actually pretty good for me.

It was a morning of options.
    Last night, I was unsure what the morning would bring, so in the spare room, I lay out tights and a long sleeved top, in case it was in the 30s. Knickers and a lighter LS top, in case it was in the 40s, as they predicted (but I didn't believe the weather apps). And finally, shorts and a t-shirt in case the rain they said would come at 9, came earlier.

I woke up to 38 (blech...too warm for my tights, too cold for my knickers...It's no-man's land as far as I'm concerned), but dry. I check my doppler radar apps. Whoa! Rain all around - even through our streets are dry. But not just green and blue, but yellows and reds, indicating HEAVY rain. Rain + 30's for temps = yuck. I opt for the shorts and head for the 'mill. I finish 45 minutes and come back upstairs to the aroma of fresh coffee (thanks, hon!) and...what?? Dry roads still??? Grrrrr....

Shoulda, coulda, woulda.......
    2007 Seven ID8 - Bontrager InForm
    2003 Klein Palomino - Terry Firefly (?)
    2010 Seven Cafe Racer - Bontrager InForm
    2008 Cervelo P2C - Adamo Prologue Saddle

After a week off while traveling, I have done runs of 3.1, 3.5, and now 4 miles in the past week. It's gotten really hot here again (winter is over, such as it was), and the sun is coming up earlier, so I have found that if I run on the (unpaved) road rather than the beach, I get more shade. The trade-off is less scenery and breeze, and parts of the road are rocky and not so kind underfoot -- but anything is better than running in full sunshine.

I'd like to stick with the 4 mile distance for awhile, then hopefully increase a bit more if the heat doesn't kill me.
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow