Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thumbs up Blood Sweat and Gears 2012 (Valle Crucis, NC)

To disable ads, please log-in.

Registration opens at midnight. Last year, the 100 sold our in less than a day, and the 50 in less than a week. The registration windows are getting shorter and shorter. Anyone else trying to get in this year?

DH and I both did it last year. Very well run ride (with a few minor niggles - like not having food at the finish line for the last 2-3 hours). Hard, though.

http://bloodsweatandgears.org/index....y&page_id=5048
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

I did the 50 last year, and plan to do the 100 (eek!) this year. DH has done the 100 the last 2 years.

You can always transfer from the 100 to the 50 (per an email from the ride director). You can't go the other way because of their Parkway permit limits.

And the registration website has crashed. Grrrr.....

ETA: Still down at 12:36. Major, epic fail. They changed providers this year, and it was not a good change.

Further ETA: 1AM Finally got in enough to register both of us. The website has crashed. Again.
    Last edited by Blueberry; 01-31-2012 at 09:01 PM.

So registration filled up *really* quickly this year. DH and I are both in for the 100. Did anyone else get in?

So....anyone have a great training for a hilly century? Particularly when you don't live near great hills?

So....after all of that, I'm selling my ticket. After getting the house ready to sell, selling it, moving, etc. I'm not where I wanted to be training wise, and I'm not inclined to have that miserable a day on the bike.

It's a 100 mile ticket to Blood Sweat and Gears 2012. Just charging what I paid for it (minus being up half the night dealing with registration).

Aw, so sorry you won't be able to do the ride after all. Could you manage the 50 if the ticket doesn't sell? I know you've gone through a lot lately with your house sale. I hate that some events sell out so quickly and early that you never know if "life events" will intervene!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Quote Originally Posted by emily_in_nc View Post
    Aw, so sorry you won't be able to do the ride after all. Could you manage the 50 if the ticket doesn't sell? I know you've gone through a lot lately with your house sale. I hate that some events sell out so quickly and early that you never know if "life events" will intervene!
    There's always next year! I will probably try again. There are 300+ people on the wait list after the registration snafus this year, so I'm hopeful someone will want it.

I could do the 50 (did it last year), but it will be a long hard day. DH is ready to ride and doing the 100 for the 3rd year. I think my head isn't really in it right now (want to build back up gradually and recover from moving - still unpacking). I'm thinking a nice ride along the river sounds much better than that much climbing right about now.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueberry View Post
    There's always next year! I will probably try again. There are 300+ people on the wait list after the registration snafus this year, so I'm hopeful someone will want it.

I could do the 50 (did it last year), but it will be a long hard day. DH is ready to ride and doing the 100 for the 3rd year. I think my head isn't really in it right now (want to build back up gradually and recover from moving - still unpacking). I'm thinking a nice ride along the river sounds much better than that much climbing right about now.
    I totally understand. I know how hilly that area is, and this time of year can be very hot. Your DH is like mine -- in fantastic shape!
    Emily

The ticket has a new home - with someone who has always wanted to do the ride Took 14 minutes from the time my DH sent an email to the bike list at his workplace.

I'll probably try again next year!
    Last edited by Blueberry; 05-30-2012 at 01:21 PM.

Glad you were able to sell the ticket! Maybe next year, right?
    Emily