Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean

Walking Cyclist & Selfless Male Cyclist

To disable ads, please log-in.

I got off the light rail transit here after work and walked half a km. to the bike store. On my way, I wore my mountain bike cycling shoes, helmet, and carried my 2 panniers. I was going to pick up my repaired bike (drive train was completely replaced) and ride it home.

A cycling guy detoured abit and asked me if I was ok since I didn't have my bike with me.

I thanked him nicely and so no, I was going to get my bike at the shop after it was repaired.

I was flummoxed by his selflessness.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

Last edited by Susan; 02-02-2012 at 10:46 PM.

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    Believe me, I wasn't cycling chic lovely. And obscured by wearing sunglasses and helmet as I walked along.

Not even as elegant as I was a few days ago in my business jacket and black jeans.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

It was very nice of him to try to help you out. I have done this many times for cyclists and hope that some day when I really need a ride, someone will be there for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Susan View Post

lol!
    Each day is a gift, that's why it is called the present.

Quote Originally Posted by spokewench View Post
    It was very nice of him to try to help you out. I have done this many times for cyclists and hope that some day when I really need a ride, someone will be there for me.
    I've also many times offered to help others, and had other cyclists offer to help me. Cyclists seem to watch out for each other.
    Existence is empty, but I am full of myself.

Quote Originally Posted by susan View Post
    *like!*

"You can't get what you want till you know what you want." Joe Jackson

2006 Cannondale Feminine/Ultegra/Jett

2012 Trek Speed Concept 9.5/Ultegra/saddle TBD

Quote Originally Posted by Susan View Post
    LOL. That probably explains a lot.

Seriously, I have found cyclists to be very helpful and alert for potential problems. It's nice to feel like part of a community.

Quote Originally Posted by PamNY View Post
    Seriously, I have found cyclists to be very helpful and alert for potential problems. It's nice to feel like part of a community.
    +1. I think it's just part of two-wheel etiquette. Motorcyclists generally will do the same. I won't stop if someone's on the phone or obviously has everything under control, but if there's a question in my mind, I'll at least make a hand gesture or ask whether they have everything they need.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Quote Originally Posted by PamNY View Post
    LOL. That probably explains a lot.

I've seen the same thing and had people ask if I was okay. As a result I also try to make sure someone is okay even if they don't look hurt. You never know.