Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Universal Truths of Cycling

To disable ads, please log-in.

http://18milesperhour.tumblr.com/uni...ruthsofcycling

(I could wish for the ability to enlarge the illustrations ...)
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

UNIVERSAL TRUTH OF CYCLING #16: NEW BIKE WEATHER

Buy a new bike and the Gods sense it. They immediately send in three weeks of storms. Or record-breaking, pavement-melting heat.

And spare me the “but in (insert part of the country here) we don’t let weather affect us, we’re hardcore. We ride anyway.”

Not on a new bike that you’ve been lusting after for years you don’t.

No way you’re subjecting that custom steel or carbon-fibery thing to foul weather.

So all you can do is go into the garage at night and stare at her. Maybe polish her, check the tires and fill the water bottles. Lay out the bike clothes for that first, big ride that’ll happen someday…someday.

So true.

Electra Townie 7D

Quote Originally Posted by Pax View Post

UNIVERSAL TRUTH OF CYCLING #16: NEW BIKE WEATHER

Buy a new bike and the Gods sense it. They immediately send in three weeks of storms. Or record-breaking, pavement-melting heat.

And spare me the “but in (insert part of the country here) we don’t let weather affect us, we’re hardcore. We ride anyway.”

Not on a new bike that you’ve been lusting after for years you don’t.

No way you’re subjecting that custom steel or carbon-fibery thing to foul weather.

So all you can do is go into the garage at night and stare at her. Maybe polish her, check the tires and fill the water bottles. Lay out the bike clothes for that first, big ride that’ll happen someday…someday.

So true.
    Makes me feel better about being poor- my hunk of trash carries on.........rain, snow, sleet,,,,,,,,,WD40 we go.................

Yeah, and a corollary to that is if you buy weather gear you won't get any of that weather ever again. (Or at least for a good long time.)

Case in point. I bought snow tires five weeks ago. This is winter in northeast Missouri...have we ever in the past few millenniums (millennia?) gotten through December without snowfall? Again and again during the past 5 weeks the temperature dropped below freezing. Again and again rain fell when the temperature was 35-40F. But no snow. No ice.

Until this week! Two days with snow and ice!

I believe that because I bought snow tires, we won't have much of this sort of weather this year.
    2009 Trek 7.2FX WSD, brooks Champion Flyer S, commuter bike