Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Thanks Marquise! I may give them a try. They did answer my question (sort of, after a lot of text assuming I do not know how to log in to a web site):

To watch your live event, please log on to universalsports.com at the time your live event is scheduled to begin (or while it is underway). Find and click on your event in the ‘Watch Live’ section of the site to begin viewing your live stream. Please note that archive video for live events taking place prior to April 3rd, 2012 are not available online. All live events occurring after April 3rd will have a corresponding archive video available online unless otherwise noted on the site. As always, please visit www.UniversalSports.com for the latest event information.

Never mind that the site does not note much of anything. I find it very annoying that the description of their package to view the Giro does not mention what it include. I would take that to be the contract. Oh, well.

Hockey has delayed the cycling coverage on nbc sports AGAIN. I hate hockey.

I think this could be a problem with the Tour of Romandie coverage this week, too.

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

I don't mind them delaying for a game, but delaying for a post game wrap up show is annoying. I fell asleep right before the win.
    '02 Eddy Merckx Fuga, Selle An Atomica
    '85 Eddy Merckx Professional, Selle An Atomica

'10 Soma Double Cross DC, Selle An Atomica

Slacker on wheels.

I don't like it when they delay for hockey either, but almost understand, but also agree that it is worse when it is for a post game wrap up especially as they tend (except for the TDF) not to extend the cycling programming for even the presentations sometimes. That being said, I do make try to remember to extend my recording to an hour or so past the time the cycling is scheduled to end.

Thumbs down

warning: do NOT purchase the online viewing "package" thru universal. i have in years past and enjoyed it.

they changed the website so you can't find the videos.
    you click on the link and it says to find videos in your library (link) but library link goes nowhere.
    the confirmation email doesn't tell you where to go find the real-time videos
    i can no longer easily find or maybe they don't save the videos if i couldn't cath the real-time one
    the site seems to keep logging me out..

and they won't refund my money. they've been "actively researching how to refund" for 3 weeks!! i requested refund same day or next day cuz i missed the paris roubaix and wanted to watch in my free time...

ergh.. suckage dude.

nope, don't have cable.
    Push the pedal down watch the world around fly by us

its a little difficult on universalsports.com to find your races. but they are there. seems like you go to your library then you have to go to the bottom and select it again, i know its tricky.
    like marquis said, you gotta forward thru the dead air to get the race, sometimes its like a half hour or so.
    sometimes there's no commentary.
    but i'll still pay to see the ones i cant get through nbcsports or cycling.tv or steephill.
    but i do like the hd on nbcsports tho im very tired of phil and paul and gogo and schlanger and even the brits on cycling.tv. tho i do like brian smith. i like the european guys on sky or eurosport in english (you can find thru steephill.tv).
    it's just so cool to have all the cycling available!
    laurie

Brand New Orbea Diva | Pink | Specialized Ruby
    2005 Trek Madone Road | Pink | Ruby
    1998 Trek 5200 Road | Blue | Specialized Jett
    ???? Litespeed Catalyst Road | Silver | Terry Firefly

pink bike, how do I get to said library? Sad I have to ask you..when they didn't answer me.. I H.A.T.E supporting companies w/ crapola support.

I'd rather have tried cyclingtv with my dough..

Thank you, btw
    Last edited by roguedog; 04-25-2012 at 07:16 PM.

Anyone has tried cycling.tv? They are more expensive, but I think I may give them a try. They are covering a lot of races.

Pll, did a search on cycling TV and found negative comments. Looks like another case of nice marketing, bad (horrible) execution.

Thread, if you're interested. http://forums.roadbikereview.com/sho...39602#poststop

Sigh..looks like its back to the mercy of steep hill and cycling fans,.

Oh, no. I decided to sign up for one year, then to visit TE... I am trying to cancel now. If that goes through, I may get the quarterly package to check them out myself (and post a review here). If customer support is not responsive, I will get a new card number.

I ended up going with Universal Sports, and, thus far, it is working for me. The signal is not high definition, but it gets the job done. I am currently watching the replay of stage 2 of the Giro. It was not hard to find -- attached are two screenshots. The replays are found under the "Watch Live" menu at the top. This open a screen where they list the events, and the entry for the Giro includes a link for each stage:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	menu.png 
Views:	99 
Size:	56.4 KB 
ID:	14444   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	replay.png 
Views:	101 
Size:	155.0 KB 
ID:	14445  

For anyone who's planning to set the DVR for the Tour of California next week -- note that they're broadcasting NHL playoff games on most nights before they show cycling. I think it's safe to assume that the hockey will run late every night.

Gone but not forgotten:

Quote Originally Posted by ny biker View Post
    For anyone who's planning to set the DVR for the Tour of California next week -- note that they're broadcasting NHL playoff games on most nights before they show cycling. I think it's safe to assume that the hockey will run late every night.
    Thanks for the tip! Even though I actually like hockey, more than once have I been p.o'd to miss the very end of the day's stage because, although I alway add an extra 15 minutes for bike racing, they had to blather on and on with their post-game analysis.

2001 Trek 7500 FX, converted to a hauler - Serfas
    200? Marin hybrid - Selle San Marco
    2004 Trek 5200 - Avatar
    2011 Trek 6.2 Madone - Ruby

I think they have to do the full post-game show because of sponsor obligations. But it is beyond annoying!!! Why can't they just allot extra time to the game in the first place so their schedule won't be off???

Same for NFL games -- they always run long, just plan for it already!!!

Gone but not forgotten:

i'm watching the Giro every day (replay of the stage) on universalsports.com. Yes you do go to "live events" and then click on "watch replay."

I love the early announcers, Carlton Kirby and Daniel Lloyd. They are so knowledgeable about every little aspect of the race and the riders. Then after an hour you get switched over to Steve and Todd who, like Bob Roll, adds NOTHING to the commentary. Really, listen to Bob Roll sometime and tell me if you hear anything new or refreshing or insightful. For that matter, if i hear Paul Sherwen tell me one more time that the rider can use 30% less energy by drafting I will, i dunno, do something drastic, I'm sure. But they (P&P) were very nice at the Tour of California when I talked with them as they were waiting for Graham Watson to do dinner with them.

I also do cycling.tv but (--dont tell 'em--) I have not paid for a long time and still have access. I sent them many many nastygrams years ago when they just plain svckt and they refused to refund anything so maybe they are making up for it now.

Love the HD from NBCSports!!!!!!!!!!!!
    laurie

Brand New Orbea Diva | Pink | Specialized Ruby
    2005 Trek Madone Road | Pink | Ruby
    1998 Trek 5200 Road | Blue | Specialized Jett
    ???? Litespeed Catalyst Road | Silver | Terry Firefly