Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by jobob View Post

I pass by the concession stands and I think "I don't want to eat that crap!"
    You are awesome!! Congrats! That's what I need to do.

Forgot to post.. 126.4...same. And that was a good weigh in. Now I have family & friends here for the weekend...lots of eating and drinking

At least I ran this AM before indulging in coffee cake!

K
    katluvr

You too can help me fight cancer, and get a lovely cookbook for your very own! My team's cookbook is for sale Click here to order. Proceeds go to our team's fundraising for the Philly Livestrong Challenge!

Quote Originally Posted by Susan Otcenas View Post
    I find it a very delicate balance to fuel enough for training, yet not so much that I don't end up with a small deficit to nudge me along the weight loss path.
    I agree, and when I was stress eating the last few months I actually found I felt better on my bike when I ate more than I burned if I was eating nutritious food. I am back to a very small calorie deficit in January and will work on my balance. It does take a lot of focus, since I naturally eat 100-200 calories more than I burn if I don't track more carefully than I have been and weigh every day.

I had internet access problems the last couple of days - 146 this week. Sorry for the late post.
    Karen

2009 Cannondale Quick 4 Hybrid
    2010 Periwinkle Trek Madone 4.7 WSD, Bontrager Affinity 2 WSD Saddle
    2012 Co-Motion "Speedster" Tandem with Lady Selle Italia Saddle and thud-buster

lesko.tumblr.com

Just had my Weight Watchers weigh-in.

Dagnabit, a lousy four-tenths of a pound from goal!!!

But hey, that said, I'm only four-tenths of a pound from goal.

I've been wearing the same jeans and top for nearly every weigh-in -- and the jeans have been getting looser, woo woo.

But the helpful ladies at the front desk suggested I don't wear jeans next week. I'm off to check my closet for a lighter-weight pair of pants ...

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

Quote Originally Posted by jobob View Post
    But the helpful ladies at the front desk suggested I don't wear jeans next week. I'm off to check my closet for a lighter-weight pair of pants ...
    I'd go with pajamas...

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

Quote Originally Posted by ny biker View Post
    I'd go with pajamas...
    With pink ribbons . . . hee-hee.
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

It's Friday, 2/3/12.

I'm 105.6, the lowest since the early 1980s. My goal has been to maintain my weight but it didn't hurt to drop a bit more.

More importantly, since I've been in Texas I've lost an inch around my waist, which had stayed the same for several months despite the fact I had been losing weight. I think that working with weights might be helping trim up a bit.
    Trek Madone 4.7 WSD
    Cannondale Quick4
    1969 Schwinn Collegiate, original owner
    Terry Classic

Richard Feynman: “The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”

Still 135.2.

I am 145.2 but have been eating much more healthy foods and dropped my portion sizes later in the week so expect to see my weight start dropping this month.
    Karen

lesko.tumblr.com

Goldfinch - I just noticed that my bikes are the same as 2 of yours (Trek 4.7 and Cannondale Quick4).
    Karen

lesko.tumblr.com

The scale is just creeping down again... 116.6.... but better than going up !
    2016 Specialized Ruby Comp disc - Ruby Expert ti 155
    2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker - Jett 143

Quote Originally Posted by klesko View Post
    Goldfinch - I just noticed that my bikes are the same as 2 of yours (Trek 4.7 and Cannondale Quick4).
    Cool! Nice bikes, eh? My new bike, the Downtube folder, hasn't even been ridden yet. A LBS was putting it together for me and a pin in the folding mechanism broke.
    Trek Madone 4.7 WSD
    Cannondale Quick4
    1969 Schwinn Collegiate, original owner
    Terry Classic

Richard Feynman: “The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”

No change for me this week. It was a, um, tough week. I've been feeling very blue about my limited mobility due to the acute issues I'm having with my IT band. I'm an emotional eater, and I let that get the best of me in the early part of this week. Given the distance I strayed on Monday and Tuesday, I'm frankly just happy that I maintained this week!
    Susan Otcenas
    TeamEstrogen.com
    See our newest cycling jerseys
    1-877-310-4592

163.4 lbs.

No change from last week.

I did end up going to the nutritionist this week. She's recommending a diabetic exchange plan that's on the lower carb/starch side.

It feels, though, like I am eating too much. She wants me to keep my calories balanced throughout the week, instead of increasing when I ride, and eating less when I don't exercise. So, it feels like I am eating too much.