Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

50-60 mi. rides, slow-medium pace, Marin/Sonoma counties?

To disable ads, please log-in.

The subject line is what i'm looking for. i think i'm about 12-14mph "on the flats," pretty darn slow going up hills, but particularly come spring and summer (nice weather, and also training for a charity ride--see signature!) I'm going to be wanting to on 50-60 mile rides pretty regularly, and it seems like virtually all club rides of that length go at a slightly faster pace than I do.

I did many such rides by myself last summer, and while there are definitely sometimes pluses to riding solo, it's also nice to sometimes have the option of company.

I think I would strongly prefer sticking to marin/sonoma counties as those are closer to home, but would probably be open to the occasional trip to the e. bay or peninsula.

do you fit the bill?! feel free to send me a personal message.
    Last edited by _kim_; 01-04-2012 at 09:14 AM.
    Sponsor me in Climate Ride--a 320-mile charity bicycle ride that benefits environmental and bicycle advocacy nonprofits!

I ride Marin/Sonoma almost exclusively, generally a 50 - 70 miler on Saturdays and sometimes longer. I am not sure if we'd be compatible pace wise or not, because I don't really track averages because the terrain varies so much. You can probably get an idea of my riding from here: http://app.strava.com/athlete/training if the link works.

I know Studio Velo has a women's group they're working to promote and also SRCC has rides of all paces and levels. I've been trying to get myself up to one of the SRCC rides as I am a member, but have not had a chance to really do any rides with them.

I don't know any other TE'ers who are in Marin/Sonoma just now but there are plenty in the larger Bay Area who seem willing to come over here to do rides sometimes.
    Sarah

When it's easy, ride hard; when it's hard, ride easy.

2011 Volagi Liscio
    2010 Pegoretti Love #3 "Manovelo"
    2011 Mercian Vincitore Special
    2003 Eddy Merckx Team SC - stolen
    2001 Colnago Ovalmaster Stars and Stripes

thanks for the info. My speed estimate is fairly ballpark--I'm not taking my overall average either. (Strava link didn't work--looks like I need login info) I think 12-14 is just a typical speed range of mine on somewhat level, or slightly inclined, ground.

Good to know that there may not be any other TE-ers in marin/sonoma. I didn't know about studio velo's group(s), but I do check the SRCC's (and marin cyclists) calendar whenever i'm thinking about doing a longer ride. I think I'm really only an "AB" pace though, and the AB rides often don't go above 40 miles, and I will definitely be needing to do longer than that in a few months. (There appears to be a rare exception with the marin cyclists this weekend, plus an interesting-looking option with the SRCC! But I might just stick to easing myself back in with a shorter ride closer to home this weekend...haven't decided yet.)
    Sponsor me in Climate Ride--a 320-mile charity bicycle ride that benefits environmental and bicycle advocacy nonprofits!