Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Yay! My first bike ride on rollers today. I hit a snafu last month and didn't meet my goal so am going to try for 8 hours again and hope to meet it. I did my first 30 minutes and started my diet so hoping that I can fit back into my "skinny" jeans by March

Quote Originally Posted by tealtreak View Post
    second your "hurray to Menopause" ...I pass out when my head hits the pillow but wake up repeatedly later....I am told it will pass Like pregnancy woes and puberty!!!) haha (:
    and it does eventaually, but then as you get older, you may develop some sort of estrogen dependent cancer, which usually requires tamoxifen which blocks the estrogen from your body and puts you back into menopause again. Been there, doing that, including the night sweats, weepies and hot flashes. At least thin time I know it is for a good cause.

Sending sympathetic hugs to all of those suffering from horomonal miseries of whatever type.

hope the new year brings some relief.

marni
    marni
    Katy, Texas
    Trek Madone 6.5- "Red"
    Trek Pilot 5.2- " Bebe"

"easily outrun by a chihuahua."

Goal of 12 hours means a distribution of 1/2 hour a day for six days a week, which is not a challenging goal but am facing an imminent hip replacement, and pain too often trumps my desire to exercise. This challenge should help me.

Thanks, Veronica!

Got in an hour of spinning last night, along with a 5 mile fitness walk prior to class. The instructor used a different type of playlist for him and it was a pretty aggressive class - and a quite good one!

...And we're...not getting anywhere.
    I've got a cold (I think I got it from my sister). It's not even a useful cold--it's just a sore throat and generally feeling icky.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

43 minutes - Uphill Grind.

Veronica
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

Can I join again?

The December spreadsheet appears to be locked, so I can't add my last 2 hours, but I feel pretty good about making 16 of the hoped-for 18 hrs in December given my travel schedule.

Planning to go to cycling class tomorrow, despite the chest cold from hell. Even if all I do is rotate my legs in lazy circles, that's OK. I'm going stir-crazy!
    Susan Otcenas
    TeamEstrogen.com
    See our newest cycling jerseys
    1-877-310-4592

Yeah - we locked it at the beginning of January. We didn't want people accidentally adding to the old one.

Thom's got some ideas of how to jazz it up as time goes - with charts and graphs and whatnot.

I added it in for you.

Veronica
    Last edited by Veronica; 01-03-2012 at 06:22 PM.
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

45 minutes easy spinning last night, watched an episode of ST: Deep Space 9 (my favorite of the various ST incarnations). I actually didn't MEAN it to be an easy spin but for some reason I couldn't get a hard workout on the trainer last night but am trying to figure that out. I posted about that elsewhere.

25 minute* easy, recovery spin for me last night. Meant to do 30 minutes but my right knee started hurting about 15 minutes in. I don't know why. Made it another ten minutes to see if anything would change and it felt like it was getting worse so I decided it was better to stop. Again, not sure what happened as I'm on my own bike - not the ones in the gym that hurt. Hopefully it is something left over from my impromptu 5k this past weekend followed by a hard spin on Monday.

My sit bones were hurting too. I don't know why the knee and sit bones are unhappy right now. Nothing has changed on my bike. Although now that I am looking at it the seat might have dropped a little in the front. I'll check it before I get back on this evening. For now it is time to go to work.

*I added 35 minutes last night to my time because I did an extra 10 minutes on Monday to warm up before a yoga class at the gym

There was nobody to ride with, so I preferred 1 hour stationary bike after the weight training.

Yesterday there was nobody to ride with, so I preferred 1 hour stationary bike after the weight training.

I have not reported for two days since one day we closed on a condo and then today was my Bday. So I cake to make and assorted other errands to do. Hibby goes back to work tomorrow, so I plan on getting my hour in.

Red Rock

DH, me, and a friend from our cycle club are getting together 2x a week for a trainer class. I think it is 1.5 hours 1 day and 2 the next day. The program we are following was designed by a cycling coach and is designed for Peak Endurance and climbing. We went to the first "class" on Tuesday and it was a doozy!! I am really looking forward to the class and it was fun to do it with a small group. Our club puts on a trainer class that has a large (30-60) turnout, but it is too far away for me to travel from work. We are also going to continue to spin 2x a week and do our regular weekend rides.
    Trek Madone - 5.5 -Brooks B-17

Trek 2.1 WSD - Brooks - B-17 - Trainer bike;

Gary Fisher - Tassajara (MTB) - Specialized Ariel

Happy belated Birthday Redrock!

Wow, we had very unusual weather in Michigan for January. 54F+ and I got in a great ride outside today.

It's just amazing what a difference sunshine, breeze on your face and outdoor scents can do for a person. I feel great! How is it that those things make an hour on a bike go by in a couple of blinks and 30 min on the trainer can seem like a l-o-n-g time?

I was gone for 2.5 hours with just a tad over an hour of ride time, the rest was spent sightseeing, watching kayakers on the river, geese and swans and sadly a couple of pretty long phone calls work related but I'd rather be working out in the sunshine anyway
    Bike Writer

http://pedaltohealth.blogspot.com/

Schwinn Gateway unknown year
    Specalized Expedition Sport Low-Entry 2011