Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

January Indoor Challenge

To disable ads, please log-in.

The new spreadsheet is ready. Again, it's your goal. You decide if outside miles count.

We got a total of 314+ hours in December. Nice work, now let's beat it!

Happy New Year!

Veronica
    Last edited by Veronica; 01-01-2012 at 03:36 PM.
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

In spite of the handicaps in my life right now I would like to give this challenge a try as it ties in with my very loosely set goals this year. How do I join?marni
    marni
    Katy, Texas
    Trek Madone 6.5- "Red"
    Trek Pilot 5.2- " Bebe"

"easily outrun by a chihuahua."

My first 30 minutes on the trainer for the new year! Also got a decent session in with the weights at the gym, but had to back off a bit today on intensity for both trainer and weights - my neck is KILLING me. I think it is the drastic change in weather...

Thank you for doing this again, Veronica!

My goal this month is 15 hours of "activity" and 27 "activities." I will be counting indoor, outdoor, and limited amounts of swimming and elliptical (to give the butt a bit of a break). I am having some success in retraining my bad habits (blowing exercise off for tomorrow for a long list of bad reasons). The high activity goal keeps me accountable, and makes sure I don't do 15 hours of working out on the last day of the month.....

Without prompting, DH said my butt had improved. He doesn't complement often, but when he does, he means it. So - I'll take it!
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

Yes, thank you for doing this again Veronica, it is very helpful!

I put down another 18 hours for the month - this will be at least 18 hours on anything that looks like a bike, inside or outside. Probably just wishing for the latter.

I'm dropping my goal to six hours total this month due to classes picking back up again. I'll see if I can beat that, though.

ETA: Thanks, Veronica, for doing this again! Have fun, everyone!
    Last edited by Owlie; 01-01-2012 at 08:49 PM.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

Like Blueberry, I am going to count hours of activity. I find myself not getting on the trainer as often as I used to. The only good time of the day during the work week is very early in the morning. Not a problem unless I don't sleep well the night before - which happens quite often. Thank you menopause! Getting to sleep is not the problem. It's staying asleep.

So, I will ride outside on the weekends if the weather permits. Bad weather means I'll walk/run. I'm going to throw in some hiking (like tomorrow). DH and I have a "date" each Tuesday after work to walk intervals on the stairs on Communications Hill in San Jose. I'm planning on 2-3 one hour trainer rides during the week if I can drag my carcass out of bed at 4:30. I'll count all hours of aerobic activity.

I couldn't make it to 15 hours in December, so I've scaled back to 12.

Thanks Veronica. Good luck all.
    Health is the thing that makes you feel like now is the best time of the year--Franklin Pierce Adams

Thank you Veronica for setting this up!

I'm going for 9 hours total, last month it was an 8 hour goal and now that the hectic time has passed I'm expecting to make this goal as well. I expect a frequency of riding 4 days a week @ 30 minutes per session.

I just got my first 30 minute ride in this morning for 2012. I'm on my way!

I upped my goal by 2 hours over December. Would have liked to do more, but I am out of town for 4 days this month with no access to anything resembling a bike. Started yesterday with 1 hour and 10 minutes of Fat Burner intervals with my tunes and a bike video of CA wine country. Today, the evil Coach Troy.

Thanks again for doing this Veronica!

2001 Trek 7500 FX, converted to a hauler - Serfas
    200? Marin hybrid - Selle San Marco
    2004 Trek 5200 - Avatar
    2011 Trek 6.2 Madone - Ruby

Hi Everyone!

What an exciting way to start the new year. I'm going to push my boundaries and try to do 22 hours this month. I'm thinking if I do an hour a day for the month, then I'm good. I most likely will be on the treadmill, hiking, or beginning to get the bike out after a very a long absence. I know that if I do something, that is better than doing nothing. On to better fitness!

Red Rock

Put down my first 30 minutes today! On my way to 15hrs. Thanks for putting this together.

I, too, am wondering if it is possible to join in this challenge. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by five one View Post
    Like Blueberry, I am going to count hours of activity. I find myself not getting on the trainer as often as I used to. The only good time of the day during the work week is very early in the morning. Not a problem unless I don't sleep well the night before - which happens quite often. Thank you menopause! Getting to sleep is not the problem. It's staying asleep.

So, I will ride outside on the weekends if the weather permits. Bad weather means I'll walk/run. I'm going to throw in some hiking (like tomorrow). DH and I have a "date" each Tuesday after work to walk intervals on the stairs on Communications Hill in San Jose. I'm planning on 2-3 one hour trainer rides during the week if I can drag my carcass out of bed at 4:30. I'll count all hours of aerobic activity.

I couldn't make it to 15 hours in December, so I've scaled back to 12.

Thanks Veronica. Good luck all.
    second your "hurray to Menopause" ...I pass out when my head hits the pillow but wake up repeatedly later....I am told it will pass Like pregnancy woes and puberty!!!) haha (:

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica View Post
    The new spreadsheet is ready. Again, it's your goal. You decide if outside miles count.

We got a total of 314+ hours in December. Nice work, now let's beat it!

Happy New Year!

Veronica
    Thank You!!!! I am totally counting outside- had an awesome ride on a new trail today (:

Yes, Thank you V for all of your time and effort to set this up and do the leg work. It's not like you have a whole lot of free time yourself.

I put in my hour today on the treadmill. It was amazing how I felt afterward. I hope this continues.

Red Rock