Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Yay Mimi & RD!!! Happy New Year. Woohoo!
    Beth

Huge wonderful happiness. Happy new year!
    Sarah

When it's easy, ride hard; when it's hard, ride easy.

2011 Volagi Liscio
    2010 Pegoretti Love #3 "Manovelo"
    2011 Mercian Vincitore Special
    2003 Eddy Merckx Team SC - stolen
    2001 Colnago Ovalmaster Stars and Stripes

Quote Originally Posted by Biciclista View Post
    oh and there's more!! Raleighdon and I went out and rode together this sunny afternoon for another 2.5 miles! This is the first real bike ride he's been on since his surgery in October!
    Woo hoo! It's just like, well, riding a bike!

Welcome back to your bike Raleigh Don! Well done!

oh and there's more!! Raleighdon and I went out and rode together this sunny afternoon for another 2.5 miles! This is the first real bike ride he's been on since his surgery in October!
    Yayyyyyyyyyyy! This is such good news!

I really, really, really wanted to ride today. The temps were loverly at 45 degrees on January 1! There were, however, wind gusts up to 50 mph. Tomorrow the high is 24 with 18mph winds.... Guess winter has to show up for a couple of days but they are calling for a return to 40 degree temps later in the week.

Trainer today

Wonderful news! Terrific photo!
    Health is the thing that makes you feel like now is the best time of the year--Franklin Pierce Adams

That's wonderful! And great picture!
    I, like Catrin, wanted to ride, but due to the crazy wind, I didn't. I needed a day off, I suppose.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

Looking at all the love there that's sleeping
    Great news, Mimi.
    Congrats to RD for getting back in the saddle. Wishing him continued recovery and the best of health in the new year,
    2007 Seven ID8 - Bontrager InForm
    2003 Klein Palomino - Terry Firefly (?)
    2010 Seven Cafe Racer - Bontrager InForm
    2008 Cervelo P2C - Adamo Prologue Saddle

DH and went for an awesome mountain bike ride. It only ended up being about 10 miles, but they were tough miles. Temps got up to about 78.

Mimi: I loved seeing RD on his bike. It literally brought a few tears to my eyes.
    Trek Madone - 5.5 -Brooks B-17

Trek 2.1 WSD - Brooks - B-17 - Trainer bike;

Gary Fisher - Tassajara (MTB) - Specialized Ariel

I was alone on my first ride for this year and I got kind of tired of falling on the snow and ice and I decided to ride on the road. I rode for 2 hours. It was not easy with 2,35" tires on this ascent but I felt great. Temperature: about 40.

A lot of the country was unseasonably warm yesterday...we were able to ride for 30miles with a lot of wind, still had a great time.
    First long ride for my 17 yo son. Though he is an excellent xc runner and very fit, he hasn't learned how to pace himself, thus, getting dropped in the last 5 miles. He took too many turns in the front of the group and paid dearly for it later on. Lesson learned.

Quote Originally Posted by Anelia View Post
    I was alone on my first ride for this year and I got kind of tired of falling on the snow and ice and I decided to ride on the road. I rode for 2 hours. It was not easy with 2,35" tires on this ascent but I felt great. Temperature: about 40.
    WOW. that's some ride! I'd take the road too.
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Davidson Custom Bike - Cavaletta
    Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna
    Old Raleigh Mixte - Mitzi

It was - for January - a really nice day here in Portland yesterday, so I took my shiny new bike out for a ride. I'm really new to this, so only lasted about 15 minutes. I'd like to blame the wind that made my coat puff out like a sail, but honestly - I have no stamina on bike ... yet. It's still an improvement, before I had to stop about 7 minutes in. So in a week I've doubled my time.

I'm upping the level on my indoor bike (recumbent) to build my leg strength up a bit. (This is what I get for waiting until 50 to ride a bike.)

January 1 is the annual bike ride/brunch for our club. It was one of those miracle days we get in the winter in CA. It was 70 degrees out and beautiful and absolutely no one was out driving in cars. Had a nice 30 mile spin around the Watsonville area and did not even need a jacket! Then a great brunch....
    About 40 people showed up. Could not have been better!
    2007 Ruby Comp/Specialized Dolce
    2004 Bike Friday Crusoe/Specialized Dolce

First bike ride of the year? Half a mile home from the bf's place on the (new-used) beater winter bike on unrelenting ice.

About 17 F, but the sun was shining, and I wasn't moving fast enough to generate any wind chill!

Ice is not my friend. Really. It's not. But it's supposed to warm up to nearly 40 by Thursday/Friday, so there's some hope for a (real) ride next weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by ann_w View Post
    ... I'd like to blame the wind that made my coat puff out like a sail, but honestly - I have no stamina on bike ...
    Good for you for getting out. It was windy - 17mph from the east with 24mph gusts. (I know, I was out toward east county for a bit and nearly got blown sideways a few times.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    '89 Bridgestone Radac Dura-Ace | Specialized Ruby, 143
    '92 Bridgestone MB-1 | Specialized Ruby, 143
    '92 Bridgestone MB-1.2 (balloon tire bike) | Specialized Ruby, 143
    '93 Bridgestone MB-5 (my SUB*) | Specialized Lithia, 143

My blog: Portlandia Pedaler (at Blogger)