Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Congratulations, Bike Chick. I know you started running at the same time as me, so I really can appreciate how hard you have worked.
    And yes, PT is the best.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Congratulations Bike Chick!! Way to go, I'm so glad you and your PT were able to get your hip worked out.

FWIW, if your blister isn't too big, I've had great luck with Band-Aid Advanced Healing blister cushions - both to get me back on my feet on existing blisters, and to prevent new ones from forming.

Enjoy your recovery!
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Looking at all the love there that's sleeping
    Congrats, BikeChick!! Well done! (but ouch on the blister....that must have been a painful final 3 miles)

I just found out, I won entry into the Blackwater Duathlon in June. I had been hoping to get in - but dreading it at the same time. Is that strange or what? Running 20K in a single day (broken up over 2 runs) will be my biggest challenge. I'll need to get some serious running in this Spring. The longest I've EVER run was 7 miles.
    2007 Seven ID8 - Bontrager InForm
    2003 Klein Palomino - Terry Firefly (?)
    2010 Seven Cafe Racer - Bontrager InForm
    2008 Cervelo P2C - Adamo Prologue Saddle

Congratulations BikeChick! A former co-worker of mine did Disney as his first marathon a few years ago and raved about it too.
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Way to go, Bike Chick!

I'm weather-befuddled. It was 28F this morning; I had frozen taking out my dog first thing, so I kept putting on layers when getting ready for my run. And then I was sweltering after a couple miles. 6 toasty-warm miles, with a great sunrise thrown in.

And this afternoon it's supposed to be in the low 50s and sunny. Great bike weather-- but tough for dressing for commuting by bike. There are worse problems to have, of course!

Utah, Gateway to Nevada, not to be confused with Idaho
    So good to hear that, Bike Chick. You must be on top of the world!

Awesome BikeChick! Yes, Disney is fun and I, too, have spend time at Epcot refueling. Glad you had a good time!

K
    katluvr

Very cook Bikechic!!!! Congrats on your marathon. Sounds like you had a great time. We had friends that ran the Goofy Challenge this year too (one of them averaged under 6 min/miles for both---INSANE). I've heard mixed reviews of the Disney Marathon so I am curious about your experience with it. DH and I have it on our bucket list.
    2005 Giant TCR2
    2012 Trek Superfly Elite AL
    2nd Sport, Pando Fall Challenge 2011 and 3rd Expert Peak2Peak 2011
    2001 Trek 8000 SLR
    Iceman 2010-6th Place AG State Games, 2010-1st Sport, Cry Baby Classic 2010-7th Expert, Blackhawk XTerra Tri 2007-3rd AG

Occasionally Updated Blog

Crappy run this morning. Legs sore from layoff when I was sick and then doing first run back on Monday, still kind of congested so couldn't breath. Hot & humid. Still, no breeze. Ran two miles with legs like lead, walked one mile, then ran the last mile back.

Why does running always feel like two steps forward, one step back? So different from cycling!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

I did the bridge loop, 7.6 miles at an overall 9:17 pace, threw in some fartlek for the last mile or so. It rained on and off, but not enough to make my shoes soggy, just enough to be comfortable. Good run.

Congratulations, Bike Chick!! I can't wait to see photos!

And congrats, 7rider for getting into Blackwater. I'm sure you'll do great!
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by GLC1968 View Post
    Congratulations, Bike Chick!! I can't wait to see photos!

And congrats, 7rider for getting into Blackwater. I'm sure you'll do great!
    What she said.

Got a nice 3.5 mile run in on the trail at work Wednesday morning before the rain set in during the afternoon. Cold but sunny. I don't really mind running in the cold anymore. Felt good, too. This was a run where I was able to relax my legs/arms while keeping my core strong. I was tempted to add an extra mile but decided not to push it.

Luna Eclipse//Terry B'fly
    Luna Orbit//Sella Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    Bianchi Eros Donna//Terry Falcon
    Seven Alaris//Jett 143
    Terry Isis (Titanium)//Terry B'fly

I have a question about Yasso 800s - who does them?

This is a new workout for me. I know Yasso himself says start with four and work up to 10. But just this week I did four mile repeats at about 0:15/mile slower than my target Yasso 800 pace. So should I still start with four half miles? Some number between four and eight? Or just do as many as I can maintain the pace, my first time around?

(Don't worry, not doing them today. In fact I get the day off today ... Santa Claus brought me a spa day. )

The snow has largely been staying away, but it's due to arrive in force this afternoon. So instead of taking a planned rest day today, I got out for a windy 5 mile tempo run. It was slower than usual for a tempo run, due to the wind. And it seems that I've worn a small hole in one toe in my vffs-- found it thanks to a small puddle...

Haven't ran consistently. I did 5 miles this weekend with SO. She has NOT been running but is signed up for a 1/2 marathon this weekend. So we did a slow easy 5 miler. I am now signed up for the 1/2 marathon to run with her. I am also doing a 5k & 10k the day before. Last year I finally broke 30 minutes for my 5k, I was hoping to get a new PR. Not so sure after today's run. It was 5 miles, Garmin ran out of battery before the finish but I knew I was under pace, I was tired and my thoughts of new PRs flew out the window.

Treadmill arrives today, maybe I can finally get some consistent speed work. There will be no excuses!

It was a beautiful "spring" day. We are expecting "cool" front tonight. This weekend's race is at the beach, so I expect it will be a bit chilly....maybe perfect for running fast!

K
    katluvr