Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

2012 Midwest Women's Mountain Bike Clinic

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hello Ladies!

Registration for the 7th Annual Midwest Women's Mountain Bike Clinic begins January 1. We are completely revamping the entire clinic, so be sure to check out the event website and schedule of events to find out whats happening. Mark your calendar now for June 9-10, 2012.

This year's event features:
    Skills clinics for intro through advanced riders
    Certified coaches through the International Mountainbike Instructor Certification (IMIC) program (www.beimic.com)
    Nationally and internationally recognized coaches including Shaums March, Lindsey Voreis and Marla Streb
    Bike and product demos from large and small manufactures
    Youth Clinic for boys and girls 8-12 years
    Opportunity for coaches to offer private lessons
    Bike maintenence clinics
    Naked Lady Party (used cycling gear and clothing exchange)
    Camping, cookouts and more!

Cost of the event ranges from $50-$125 (depending on skill level). See Event FAQ for more info and event pricing. Spaces are limited due to our strict 6:1 ratio of participants to instructors. This event will fill!

Go to www.midwestwomensclinic.com for all the info and a link to register.

Looks awesome this year! I will be signing up for the Beginners group as soon as I can

well, if I don't get into Lumberjack 100 (which is the same weekend) I'll definitely come! Looks awesome.
    2005 Giant TCR2
    2012 Trek Superfly Elite AL
    2nd Sport, Pando Fall Challenge 2011 and 3rd Expert Peak2Peak 2011
    2001 Trek 8000 SLR
    Iceman 2010-6th Place AG State Games, 2010-1st Sport, Cry Baby Classic 2010-7th Expert, Blackhawk XTerra Tri 2007-3rd AG

Occasionally Updated Blog

Tania,

Could you be more specific about how exactly you're revamping the clinic? I see that the beginner's groups meet on Saturday instead of Sunday, but are there more changes contemplated beyond that? FWIW, I was in the introductory group last year at the clinic and am arguably not ready for the intermediate group yet.
    Last edited by indysteel; 01-09-2012 at 07:50 AM.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

I was in the introductory group (never been on a mountain bike trail before) last year and will graduate to the beginner group (having ridden for only one season group) this year I do note that they have more instructors for each group and like how the FAQ page breaks down the skill level differences.
    Last edited by Catrin; 01-09-2012 at 07:31 AM.

It's only April and already the 7th Annual Midwest Women's Mountain Bike Clinic is nearly SOLD OUT! Only a few Advanced spots remain along with the Youth Clinic and International Mountainbike Instructor Certification (IMIC) courses.

Advanced Course
    Come learn from some of the best mountain bike coaches around! Advanced riders will learn from Shaums March, Lindsey Voreis and Marla Streb! This 1.5 day course will teach you the skills you need to take you to the next level... whatever your personal goals may be! Cost is $125 per person.

Youth Clinic
    This clinic is open to boys and girls age 8-12 years. This 1-2 hour clinic is taught by IMIC Instructors and is sure to get your little mountain biker feeling safer and more confident on the trail. Cost is $45. NO TRAINING WHEELS PLEASE

IMIC Ride Leader and Instructor Certification Courses
    Do you lead group rides in your local area or ever consider offering beginner mountain bike lessons? Then check out the International Mountainbike Instructor Certification (IMIC) program! The one-day IMIC Ride Leader course is designed to train, prepare and certify mountain bike guides to safely lead mountain bike groups and provide support to IMIC Instructors and Coaches. The three-day IMIC Instructor course is designed to train, prepare and certify mountain bike instructors to safely guide mountain bike groups and conduct beginner level coaching.

Only 10 spots are available for the IMIC Ride Leader course and only 12 for the IMIC Instructor. Courses are lead by two-time World Masters Downhill Champion and IMIC Master Coach, Shaums March of Squamish, British Columbia. For more info on the Brown County courses go to http://www.midwestwomensclinic.com/i...ification.html. More info on the IMIC can be found at www.beimic.com

Go to www.midwestwomensclinic.com for all the info and a link to register.

The Midwest Women's Mountain Bike Clinic is an event run by Sub-9 Productions. Check out more of our events at www.sub-9.com.

The Midwest Women's Mountain Bike Clinic is almost sold out (with only a few Advanced spots left!), but you can still win a free entry to this year's event!

The deadline for the second annual clinic contest with Girl Bike Love (Girl Bike Love) has been extended to next Wednesday, April 25. Submit your 90 second video (then get all your friends to comment and like it) and tell everyone why YOU need to attend the 7th Annuam Midwest Women's Mountain Bike Clinic!

Videos will be posted at Midwest Women's Clinic/GBL Contest on Vimeo for all to see.

The winner receives:

~ Free entry to the 2012 event (a refund will be given in the event the winner is already registered)

~ Free 2012 event t-shirt

~ Two nights FREE lodging at the Cornerstone Inn Bed & Breakfast the weekend of the event. Located just 2 miles from Brown County State Park in beautiful Nashville, Indiana. (Cornerstone Inn Bed & Breakfast -- Brown County, Indiana)

~ A huge package of goodies from our event sponsors!

Go to Contest for all the info!

Has anyone signed up for this? I signed up for the beginner's group, last year I was in the introductory group.

It would be great to have a TE "meet and greet" if there are other members who will be there. I plan in arriving mid-afternoon Friday to get my campsite set up before the large meet and greet that evening. If I've time after setting up I plan to get a little trail ride in prior.

I'm definitely thinking about this for 2013-- in preparation for a time when I wont need to drive an hour to go Mtn. Biking!
    Help me reach my $8,000 goal for the American Lung Association! Riding Seattle to D.C. for clean air! http://larissaridesforcleanair.org
    http://action.lungusa.org/goto/larissapowers

Quote Originally Posted by Reesha View Post
    I'm definitely thinking about this for 2013-- in preparation for a time when I wont need to drive an hour to go Mtn. Biking!
    I don't NEED to drive an hour to mtn bike, but I choose to do so. The range of trails in Brown County gives me a larger choice of trails I can actually ride - and there are enough miles of trails that they are never packed even if the parking lots are. I highly recommend this Clinic, it is great. It also sells out earlier every year, so do keep that in mind

Not to worry, I have TE ladies to alert me when registration comes online!

As for the driving... I was completely spoiled when I lived in Lake Placid... I could ride out my door and across the road onto the Olympic cross country ski trails (which have miles and miles of single track of all kinds of difficulty). I really miss that. What I really need are consistent female biking buddies who will make a morning of it. whenever I bike with my guy friends they always end up waiting up ahead hanging onto a tree while I plug along to catch up
    Help me reach my $8,000 goal for the American Lung Association! Riding Seattle to D.C. for clean air! http://larissaridesforcleanair.org
    http://action.lungusa.org/goto/larissapowers

Quote Originally Posted by Reesha View Post
    Not to worry, I have TE ladies to alert me when registration comes online!

As for the driving... I was completely spoiled when I lived in Lake Placid... I could ride out my door and across the road onto the Olympic cross country ski trails (which have miles and miles of single track of all kinds of difficulty). I really miss that. What I really need are consistent female biking buddies who will make a morning of it. whenever I bike with my guy friends they always end up waiting up ahead hanging onto a tree while I plug along to catch up
    Ooooh, that sounds like that was lovely! As for me, there is only one local beginner trail that is much too easy - but it has been good for me to use to get dirt back under my wheels. It takes me 45 minutes to get there however, so it is hard to justify not going a little further to get to trails better suited to me. I've been putting it off since my return to the mt bike though - trying to return to the trails intelligently Next weekend is the right time!

I would love to find someone to ride with regularly on the trails, but my skills are so basic right now that there just isn't anyone at/near my level. There are a couple of women who ride with me from time to time, which I greatly appreciate and enjoy when it happens.
    Last edited by Catrin; 06-02-2012 at 12:03 PM.

Off for my first real weekend of mountain biking since my whiplash injury on the trail 8 months ago I had NO idea how long it would take, and my neck still isn't 100% but that is ok. At 52 things don't bounce back like they do at 22...but that isn't going to stop me

What an amazing weekend! We simply cannot say THANK YOU enough to all our coaches, volunteers, sponsors, and everyone else who contributed to the success of this event. There is a reason this clinic has become so popular, selling out nearly two months ahead of time and it is because of the efforts of so many people coming together that it is being recognized as one of the top in the nation!

We want to thank Liv/giant for their more than generous contribution to the 2012 event. Their sponsorship and donations made it possible for us to bring in coaches from across the county, lodge them at our official offsite location (the Cornerstone Inn Bed and Breakfast) and feed them throughout their stay! They also donated tons of fun goodies (we hope everyone enjoyed their coffee mugs!) and even brought out their women's demo truck for the first time! Not to mention their demo driver is now IMIC certified!

We also want to thank Trek for Women, Hammer Nutrition, Bicycle Garage Indy, Headsweats, Dirt Rag, Kona, Girl Bike Love, Sundance SalonSpa, Eden Outfitters, Bicycle Outfitters Indy, RedStar WorldWear and the Brown County Convention and Visitors Center for their continued support and great giveaways for the 7th annual event.

The Midwest Women's Mountain Bike Clinic not only draws participants from across the region, but also brings together three of the leading Midwest mountain bike organizations for a fun-filled mountain biking weekend. Thank you goes out to the HMBA and CAMBr for feeding participants and volunteers at the Saturday night cookout and to the CORA Mountain Bike Patrol for once again offering their services and being there throughout the weekend!

The Midwest Women's Mountain Bike Clinic has come a long way since it's first clinic at Town Run in 2005 with just 9 participants and a handful of volunteers. This year's event saw nearly 100 women (limited only to the number of certified coaches available!) and fifteen kids ranging in age from 6 to 66 years! The event continues to grow and be successful due to the IMIC coaches (all volunteers!) who travel from across the country to take part in teaching women of all skill levels. We cannot thank them enough! Our 2012 coaches included Tony Simeone (Indpls, IN), Lauren Ziedonis (Aspen, CO), Kathi Krause (Fair Lawn, NJ), Lindsey Sherman (Winona, MN), Suzanne Summer (Cinci, OH), Todd Boucher (Staten Island, NY), Scott Rodriguez (Indpls, IN), Jeni Roosen (Cinci, OH), Charlie Summers (IL), Sally Collins (Indpls, IN), Angi Weston (Bellingham, WA), Brad Titzer (Louisville, KY), Derrick Maready (Cinci, OH), Gale Dahlager (Park City, UT), Lindsey Voreis (Bend, OR), and Shaums March (Squamish, BC, CAN).

We also want to thank all our "tail gunners" who were there to support our IMIC coaches throughout the weekend. These volunteers included Melinda Bowen (Brownwood, TX), Derek Delzer (Troy, MI), Chris Krug (North Conway, NH), Dan Sahli (Dayton, OH), Larry Lee (Chicago, IL), Blake Nolan (Columbus, IN), Brad Rusher (Brownsburg, IN), Paul Barzizza (Wyoming, OH), Vince H. (Louisville, KY), John Corrigan (Cinci, OH), Dave Porter (Bloomington, IN), as well as a few last minute helpers who were recruited onsite by a coach or two. A very special thank you goes to Niki Walsh and Nichole Chappell who helped with everything from setting up to tearing down the clinic (along with everything in between!) and to everyone else I may have forgotten mentioned.

The 2012 women's clinic is definitely one for the books and we are already looking forward to the 2013 clinic. Stay tuned for links to photos from our official event photographer, Michelle Spitz with Two Pedals Photography (www.2pedalsphotography.com) as well as great write-ups from those at the event! In the mean time, don't forget to purchase your 7th Annual Midwest Women's Mountain Bike Clinic souvenir book so you can show all your friends how much fun you had learning to ride your bike!

http://chellecraig.zenfolio.com/clinicsouvenir

We look forward to seeing you all on the trails soon!

Cheers,
    ~Tania Juillerat
    Founder & Director
    Midwest Women's Mountain Bike Clinic
    Sub-9 Productions
    www.sub-9.com