Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

AIDS Lifecycle 11

To disable ads, please log-in.

Wondering if anyone else on TE is doing ALC 11. This will be my fifth ride-- I roadied last year after having my right knee replaced, but will be back on the tandem this year. My husband and I do this ride on a tandem, and while it's a bit harder, it's great to have the company.
    Fundraising, after all these years does get harder, but we persevere.

Carolp, Glad to see that you're back on the road. Riding's easier than crewing. It's been fun to see the tandem each year when I volunteered at bike parking on day 0 (it's the green one, right?).

Thanks for riding.

Trek ~ CAR4 crew, ALC 3, 4, 6 rider, ALC 5 TRL.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

We were all set to go, then the SO decided to crew for RAAM instead. I think we'll be going next year. I've never been, so be glad to hear a report - tell us about fund raising and about the ride!
    My photoblog
    http://dragons-fly-peacefully.blogspot.com/
    Bacchetta Giro (recumbent commuter)
    Bacchetta Corsa (recumbent "fast" bike)
    Greespeed X3 (recumbent "just for fun" trike)
    Strada Velomobile
    I will never buy another bike!

I'll be crewing RAAM as well again for Team4hivhope (follow us on Facebook) and we used to have a green Trek tandem but now we have a blue CoMotion.

oh, and about the ride-- I call it Utopia with sore butts. It is the best week of my life, and this year I've discovered Mad Alchemy chamois cream, so I hope I won't be in butt clinic as much.
    ALC is a rolling city full of 3000 of the nicest people you would ever hope to meet. It has as many ups and downs as the hills we climb, but it's a week I can't imagine not being part of.
    The fundraising the first year was easy as pie; it's just that friends have gotten donor fatigue and after raising funds all these years it gets more difficult. We have had to get more creative: fundraising events, selling homemade peppermint bark, and doing a bit of self-pledging. Especially with the two of us, that means raising $6,000. But it's worth the effort in the experience of the event, and knowing that we are helping people living with HIV.
    and if anyone is so inclined:
    www.tofighthiv.org/goto/CarolHyman