Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: winter arrives

To disable ads, please log-in.

well ladies - I rode to work in snow this morning! Surlygirl - it looks like this may be payback year for me! lol It's all melted now but the mountains are gone - covered in clouds which means it's snowing up there, hopefully not at my house!

Karen: your angel ain't broke - it's just "developing" unevenly. Give her some time - the other wing will grow in, I have all the confidence in the world!

ZubZub: keep it up my friend........I'm gonna be watching the temps in Your neck of the woods come our summer and then tease you no end! *insert winking smilie here*

(PS: is anyone else having problems with the smilies?? I haven't been able to get them to work for 2 days now)
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

Alas, Corsair, it doesn't get that cold in Auckland. No snow. No Frosts. They don't know what they're missing... Oh, and obviously no probs with the smilies here. Have you accidently clicked on the "insert code/smilies suck" bit?
    Last edited by DirtDiva; 12-13-2005 at 12:56 PM.
    Drink coffee and do stupid things faster with more energy.

Wavedancer, I wouldn't worry about not riding at this time of the year. Although you guys on the Cape might have less "weather' to deal with, it seems like the last couple of years there's been a lot of snow and ice down there. My theory is that doing other activities makes you a better cyclist. It's important to cross train. I suspect that if I was riding 12 months a year, I would burn out. The way to deal with winter is to be outside in it; snowshoe, X country ski, hike. Yes, the gym gets boring, but there's people there who razz me if i don't show up.

You sound like my kind of mountain biker...

Robyn

Robyn,
    I do plan to ski and snowshoe if we get enough snow down here this year. Last year was actually great! I loved that the snow was so deep and lasted for so long. I only went snowshoeing once last winter (birthday present in March), but got quite a bit of skiing in. I'm trying to learn how to skate-ski. It looks so cool and effortless. But for me, it's just one more way to fall down!

Let's get together to ride in the spring!

Corsairmac...My smilies don't work either ...oops, I guess they do!. but only if I type the characters in.

Linda (turning interesting shades of purple)

Cors...Love that "Broken Angel"...mind if I use that???

Well I just let the dogs in and it is -1 degree F here right now and they tell me it's going to get worse Trust me, after -1 it can get worse. I am thinking of leaving the heat on at 70 tonight. I usually turn it down to 68 but it is just to damn cold to even think of moving the thermostat!!
    Quitting is NOT an option!
    Know the signs of stroke!! www.stroke.org

Ah the rain come today. Wonderfully cool, a nice change
    If you notice this notice then you will notice that this notice is not worth noticing.

Linda,

Looking forward to riding with you in the spring... Maybe the snow will melt earlier down there! Good luck with the skate skiing. It does look cool, but i don't want to spend the $ for another set of sports equipment that might get used 3 times a year.

It is now 4.5 degrees at my house at 6 AM.

Robyn

Come to the Cape, Yea!!!

I would love to have ya'll come down. I think we should have some sort of procession...purple capes, tiaras and all!
    Linda

Quote Originally Posted by wavedancer
    I would love to have ya'll come down. I think we should have some sort of procession...purple capes, tiaras and all!
    Linda
    OOOOHHHH Yeah and the purple cape would match my purple orbea. The tiaras would just be frosting on the cake.

I hope someone can sew a cape for me. I can't do that! If we have post ride libations, I may have to spend the night down there....
    When are we going to the Sole?
    It was -4 F on my way to work this morning. Yikes!
    Robyn

Sew? We have to sew? Somehow I thought that those purple capes would just appear! Yes, they are definitely in my imagination... Or maybe - what about a lightweight purple fleece? No sewing needed, just cutting to shape!

I've been watching that thermometer too, and opting for exercise indoors for the past 2 days - and now it sounds like it is going to warm up just to bring us some more snow and ice. I shouldn't be shouting enough this early in the season, but I am!

--- Denise
    Last edited by DeniseGoldberg; 12-14-2005 at 04:07 PM.
    www.denisegoldberg.com

• Click here for links to journals and photo galleries from my travels on two wheels and two feet.
    • Random thoughts and experiences in my blog at denisegoldberg.blogspot.com

"To truly find yourself you should play hide and seek alone."
    (quote courtesy of an unknown fortune cookie writer)

I like the fleece idea - no sewing. You could regular scissors or pinking shears. Self-stick velcro (though I don't know how well it sticks to velcro).

Some of the sheer fabrics might get away without sewing and there is always fabric glue.

And spray on glitter . . . and . . . .
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

purple glitter cape

Okay, here is the one I'm wearing.

http://www.abfab.co.uk/Fancy_Dress_S...0Purple%20Cape

You're on - give me a date and time, I'll ride in my purple cape and tiara with karens name in "gems" across the front! and heat?? I LOVE the heat - bring it on! As for the purple cape: I'll probably just do the purple towel pinned in the front!!

and Karen: you can use whatever ya'll hearts desire my friend, you are such an inspiration to me that anything I can give back is well worth it!

Toasts Karen: the Developing Angel!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

Maybe I'll get a purple towel and tie it together....
    Nice weather predicted for tomorrow morning.