Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Kale

Kale

To disable ads, please log-in.

My usual approach to this (beyond sausage, kale and white bean soup) is either bacon (with or without onion or garlic), or garlic, onion and red pepper flakes. Today, I tried something else to go with the curry-spiced meatballs that I dug out of the freezer. I cooked 1/4 of a smallish onion in olive oil until it started to soften, added 1 minced clove of garlic and cooked it until golden, then added three large kale leaves, roughly chopped. To that, I added probably 2 tsp of dessicated coconut (the unsweetened stuff!), garam masala (don't know how much; maybe 1/3-1/2 tsp, but mine is kind of old), and a little bit of salt. Tasty!
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

Crazy good thing to do with kale - and good for you too

shred/chop raw kale finely, put into a bowl with a tablespoon or two of olive oil (depends on how much kale you have), salt and pepper and some minced raw garlic

now time to get messy - massage the kale/oil/garlic mixture with your fingers until the kale has softened a bit.

You can simply eat that, but I like to toss it with some cooked quinoa, chick peas, sliced green onion, a bit of lemon or lime juice and some crumbled feta cheese - yum!
    "Sharing the road means getting along, not getting ahead" - 1994 Washington State Driver's Guide

visit my flickr stream http://flic.kr/ps/MMu5N

Quote Originally Posted by Eden View Post

shred/chop raw kale finely, put into a bowl with a tablespoon or two of olive oil (depends on how much kale you have), salt and pepper and some minced raw garlic

now time to get messy - massage the kale/oil/garlic mixture with your fingers until the kale has softened a bit.

You can simply eat that, but I like to toss it with some cooked quinoa, chick peas, sliced green onion, a bit of lemon or lime juice and some crumbled feta cheese - yum!
    I thought you were gonna say... and then toast it on a baking sheet until crispy. That's how I like it!
    For 3 days, I get to part of a thousand other journeys.

That's the third time I've seen a version of that recipe in the last month.

Pity my kale crop was so pathetic this year. Do you think it would work with chard, or are the leaves too delicate?
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Quote Originally Posted by Eden View Post

Should I play relaxing music for it too?
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...