Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

To disable ads, please log-in.

I feel like I must be lucky that I think most non-sugar sweeteners taste really, really nasty (that includes artificial ones like aspertame and "natural" ones like stevia and agave - yuck), so I've never developed any habit of using them.... I'm not really much of a soda person, but when I do feel like one I prefer real sugar over anything else - it really does taste better IMHO. I get my caffeine fix with tea and would rather have it unsweetened 99% of the time, though a little honey in chai brings out the spices.
    "Sharing the road means getting along, not getting ahead" - 1994 Washington State Driver's Guide

visit my flickr stream http://flic.kr/ps/MMu5N

Processed foods are foods that have been altered from their natural state, but processed foods are not as bad as we think.You need to avoid some ingrediants in processed foods such as
    >>>> Artificial Colors
    >>>> Artificial Flavorings
    >>>> Artificial Sweeteners
    >>>> Benzoate Preservatives
    >>>> Brominated Vegetable Oil
    >>>> High Fructose Corn Syrup
    >>>> Monosodium Glutamate
    and Olestra.

Nice post dear. I am completely agreed with you. We should avoid this kind of food because these food cause lot of health problems and make our body unhealthy. I would like to thank you for sharing such a useful information.

I am very low on HFCS
    Why not get rid of it altogether? Once I started reading labels, I found it was pretty darn easy to avoid. If nothing else, I'll take the sugar sweetened alternative. I don't think I have anything in teh house any more with HCFS in it, except maybe a bag of chocolate chips in the cupboard. I even found HFCS free fudge sauce online and ordered a few jars. Also, I have written many of teh main stream companies now making HFCS free products . Hunts is a good example: they make a HFCS free ketchup now.
    2015 Liv Intrigue 2
    Pro Mongoose Titanium Singlespeed
    2012 Trek Madone 4.6 Compact SRAM

I never thought that I would be full processed food free, but I am now (as well as grain and legume free). I feel so much better focusing on whole foods and knowing exactly what is in the food I eat. Energy levels are much better and I just FEEL better. For me it works. Cooking is fun again and after almost 2 months I don't see my going back

Quote Originally Posted by foodspacific View Post
    Processed foods are foods that have been altered from their natural state, but processed foods are not as bad as we think.You need to avoid some ingrediants in processed foods such as
    >>>> Artificial Colors
    >>>> Artificial Flavorings
    >>>> Artificial Sweeteners
    >>>> Benzoate Preservatives
    >>>> Brominated Vegetable Oil
    >>>> High Fructose Corn Syrup
    >>>> Monosodium Glutamate
    and Olestra.
    Nice list but I eat food that's made from food. Read the labels or better yet get things without labels (found in the produce section). If you need a chemistry degree to decipher anything in the label don't eat it, if it's not made from real food don't eat it. It's really not that hard.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/