Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

Glad you had a great time RG, & thanks for the report!

(I wasn't enthused about the peke either, I was rooting for the dalmatian)

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

Quote Originally Posted by roadie gal View Post
    ...All of the rescues up here are mixed with huskies or wolves or other high prey drive breeds. We just couldn't take that chance with our cats. So we decided to go with a purebred dog with the thought in mind that we'd have a better chance of getting what we needed in terms of personality and drive. This worked out well for us. Under other circumstances we'd probably have gone for a pound puppy... (I'd never heard of a breed rescue until I got the first dog and got interested in dogs in general.)
    Very true. And most of the rescues here are (pit) bull terrier mixes. Sad to think that their people probably couldn't manage them.

Really, I do have my dream dog, and have had for years. I'll whisper it if you promise to think only good thoughts for when the time is right... Shhhh! Don't tell....http://entlebuchers.net/
    Each day is a gift, that's why it is called the present.

Quote Originally Posted by malkin View Post
    Very true. And most of the rescues here are (pit) bull terrier mixes. Sad to think that their people probably couldn't manage them.

Really, I do have my dream dog, and have had for years. I'll whisper it if you promise to think only good thoughts for when the time is right... Shhhh! Don't tell....http://entlebuchers.net/
    There used to be an entlebucher that lived around the corner from us. He looked like a small Swiss Mountain Dog. Nice dogs.

Is anybody watching the competition this year? I always enjoy the show! I grew up with terriers and while I like other dogs, I always seem to pull for a dog in the terrier group to win Best in Show (the Scottie and Westie, in particular). I do love that fox hound that won the hound group though.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

I watched! I felt I owed it to my newly adopted 8-yr old bullmastiff. She barked a few times during it.
    I love some of the things the ring announcer, as well as the TV ones, say. The TV one said something about the working group being the "slobbery-est" group. Made me chuckle.

As a kid we used to go to a dog show in Pittsburgh every year, and we got to go back where the dogs were waiting and being groomed. It was awesome.
    You too can help me fight cancer, and get a lovely cookbook for your very own! My team's cookbook is for sale Click here to order. Proceeds go to our team's fundraising for the Philly Livestrong Challenge!

Darn, I missed it! Oh well.

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

The rough collie that we thought should have won for the breed last year did win this year. The group judge didn't give him a second glance, but he was a VERY nice dog.

I was OK with the Affenpinscher winning, but I was rooting for the German Wirehair Pointer.