Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

To disable ads, please log-in.

The instructor for my core and weights class didn't show up this morning at 5:30 , so I headed to the treadmill (dumb, since I have one at home). I was able to do 4 running intervals of 1-2 minutes for a total of 22 minutes without my foot hurting. It's a little tender now, but not like before.
    I wonder if the difference is that I was wearing my"aerobics" shoes which have a much more cushioned heel.
    We'll see how my foot feels later today.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

I wonder if the difference isn't that your aerobics shoes probably don't have high heels. Generally it's only running shoes that do that, where "cross-trainers" and court shoes are much more neutral.

I'm just not ready for minimalist shoes, and the only "regular" shoes I've been able to find that fit have high heels. Having briefly worn the zero-drop shoes, I'm desperately missing not having to smack my heels every step I take. Why do they make shoes like that?????

I'm feeling a bit better and that means I'm going to run long today ... accountability post ...

ETA - done. 15.4, a really nice day for a run.
    Last edited by OakLeaf; 12-29-2011 at 01:50 PM.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Actually, my aerobics shoes do have high heels. They are Nikes and have the clear looking heel with some kind of disc looking things inside. I don't remember the model. I bought them about 5 years ago and hardly wore them until this year. My running shoes are quite unsupportive, in that I bought them to avoid seams that hurt my bunion. They are pretty flat on the bottom. They feel thin and it's like I can feel the pavement when I run. I never ever had issues with my other shoes, except for the bunion. But ever since I got these, my knees, shins, and now of course my metatarsals are complaining.
    My foot never got worse during the day, and I wore my comfortable shoes to make sure. I'll see how it is after spin tomorrow. I find the standing in spin bugs my foot. I hardly ever stand when I am riding, so that is not an issue.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Freakish weather here yet again-- it was so warm this morning that I did my run in shorts and short sleeves, but with mittens. Just 4 miles; the wind was picking up as the sun rose, so I cut it short.

I'd been getting a bit down on myself about my low mileage and slow speeds of late, but last night I looked back at my log from last December. And now I feel better. Last year my mileage was slightly higher, averaging 28 miles/week to this year's 25, but I'm going about 20 sec/mile faster. Not bad! Still, the mileage is going to have to increase if I'm going to do a March 31 half. Plenty of time until then, though...

No run today...caught my DH's cold.
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow