Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Looking at all the love there that's sleeping

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Selkie View Post
    ChiRunning workshop was yesterday---it was great. I got to meet 7, which was a treat (I'm would love to have her swimmer's feet!!!). By the way, she's got great running form and was moving pretty swiftly when we were outside.
    Ha! If you had to buy shoes for my "swimmer's feet" you wouldn't want them so much! Was great to meet you - even tho' we didn't have much time for socializing.

I took my ChiRunning and tried to incorporate some of it into today's Jingle Bell Jog 8k. Spent a lot of time working on my two "L's" of what our instructor referred to as "ALLT" for "Align, Level (your pelvis), Lift (the crown of your head), and Tilt". Happy with negative splits -- first time I've done that...ever and an 11:14 pace for 4.97 miles total. I also ran my whole thing. Happy with that, too. So, overall, a really good morning run. Glad you had one, too, Selkie.
    2007 Seven ID8 - Bontrager InForm
    2003 Klein Palomino - Terry Firefly (?)
    2010 Seven Cafe Racer - Bontrager InForm
    2008 Cervelo P2C - Adamo Prologue Saddle

Nice job Selkie and 7rider!

I got in earlier than expected, did a little unpacking and some perfunctory dusting and announced I was going for a run. I decided to just play it by ear, since it's 40° warmer and about 1000% more humid than the last time and place I ran. But I felt reasonably good and wound up doing a little over 11 at a 9:30 pace. The last five or so were in a pouring rain. I saw four gopher tortoises on one block who'd come out of their burrows to drink. I'd never seen that before and it was really cool, but I had to wonder about what was in the runoff water. Well, I got to find out about a mile from home when a pickup truck roosted me. Welcome to Florida. Naturally, as soon as that happened the rain let up, so I got to run the last mile covered with motor oil and dogsh*t and who knows what else. I remembered the one good thing about having the laundry room in the garage ... strip off the wet clothes and walk into the house nekkid.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Happy Belated Birthday, katluvr!

Sorry about your foot, Crankin. I had foot trouble for many years and basically gave up running. It's actually why I ended up buying a road bike!

Great job on the clinic and the 8K, Selkie and 7rider!

Today was supposed to be my second half-marathon. Unfortunately, I was up most of the night between a barking puppy and a super upset stomach (I actually threw up at one point). When I took the puppy out again at 5 am, it was raining and cold, I was miserable, nauseated and had a headache, so since I was doing this run alone (meaning no one was counting on me), I blew it off.

I did manage to run 6 miles later this afternoon after my stomach started to settle. It was almost a mistake as last nights issue had moved into the intestines... Oy! It's probably a good thing that I didn't do the half...it would not have been a fun time at all. It's a bummer to train for something and then not really get 'closure' but I know it would have been a terrible experience had I tried.

My next race isn't until March (15k Shamrock Run), so I've got time to focus on my chi form and getting some weight training in. My plan is to maintain at least 15 miles per week until it's time to ramp up volume again.
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

Great job, 7.

Poor GLC! Thank goodness you didn't try to run the half! Hope you are feeling better today (just in time for work, eh).

My race results:

Total time: 45:21
    Pace: 9:08
    Age Group (45-49): 39th out of 204
    Overall Place (females): 725 out of 3,024

Luna Eclipse//Terry B'fly
    Luna Orbit//Sella Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    Bianchi Eros Donna//Terry Falcon
    Seven Alaris//Jett 143
    Terry Isis (Titanium)//Terry B'fly

8 miles for me yesterday. I felt pretty good but I didn't have a watch or garmin so I have no idea what my pace was.
    2005 Giant TCR2
    2012 Trek Superfly Elite AL
    2nd Sport, Pando Fall Challenge 2011 and 3rd Expert Peak2Peak 2011
    2001 Trek 8000 SLR
    Iceman 2010-6th Place AG State Games, 2010-1st Sport, Cry Baby Classic 2010-7th Expert, Blackhawk XTerra Tri 2007-3rd AG

Occasionally Updated Blog

As it was 20F and I was dealing with a bad cold, I skipped Saturday's 5k. Racing in that temp. would have been tough enough! (And standing at the start line waiting to go would have been miserable).

Today I finally got out for a run, first time since last Wednesday. Nothing much, just 3.5 miles, with a big cough break. But it felt good to be running again!

Did my 4+ mile beach run again. Conditions were perfect -- overcast, very light breeze, 70 degrees. I have no idea of my pace, though, as I never time myself. If conditions are similar for my next run (Wed. am), I may try for 4.5 miles.
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

I need to go run. 2 x 1600's at a 7:30 pace. With my running lately, I have no delusions that I'll make it. Just hoping I can run under 8 min miles . . .
    2005 Giant TCR2
    2001 Trek 8000 SLR
    Iceman 2010-6th Place AG State Games, 2010-1st Sport, Cry Baby Classic 2010-7th Expert, Blackhawk XTerra Tri 2007-3rd AG

Do the best that you can. That's all you can ask of yourself.

Veronica
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

It's amazing how warm 40F feels after all those mornings in the 20s. I definitely over-dressed for the conditions. It got to the point that I was trying to remember if the sports bra I was wearing was suitable for stripping off my undershirt. (It wasn't, btw). 5.5 miles; started out too fast and was feeling the effects of that and my lingering cold by the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica View Post
    Do the best that you can. That's all you can ask of yourself.

Veronica
    Thanks coach! Surprised myself with 7:19's (surprisingly consistent!). I added an extra 2 x 800's. My pace slowed a pitch to 7:25s.
    2005 Giant TCR2
    2001 Trek 8000 SLR

Wow Lime, awesome. I just need to try and run 9 or sub 9.

This AM just 3 easy miles...should of done some type of speed work, but didn't have the gusto! So I just ran. It was better than nothing as I had many other commitments today. Tomorrow will be about 5 -ish, tempo, progression or something.

K
    katluvr

Cruddy run today. Started pouring just a bit after I headed out, so I turned around and hung out on our veranda until the rain passed (it comes and goes quickly here!) I guess the blood pooled in my legs b/c when I finally got going, they felt like lead. Strong headwind didn't help, and I got hit by a falling palm frond. Didn't really hurt, but startled me!

The way back was better since the wind was behind me, but then I started getting hungry (my pre-run snack was just too early since my run got delayed with the rain) and still didn't have my usual energy. Did get accompanied by a friendly red dog on part of the way back, which boosted my spirits.

I cut it short at 3.25 pokey miles. Next run will be better, I'm sure.
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

I had a decent 3-mile run on the treadmill last night. Slowly but surely, I'm increasing my speed. My left glute (where it meets the hamstring) is still bothering me though and has been since Thanksgiving. It's not so bad during runs, but I'm in a fair amount of pain afterwards. I made an appointment with my sports medicine doc for tomorrow. I saw him and a PT last year when my right hip was bothering me with good success. This feels more like an overuse issue to me though, so I'm bracing myself for the inevitable "you need to rest" instruction. Grrr. It seems like everytime I get into a good groove, some medical issue intervenes. Wish me luck....
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Quote Originally Posted by indysteel View Post
    This feels more like an overuse issue to me though, so I'm bracing myself for the inevitable "you need to rest" instruction. Grrr. It seems like everytime I get into a good groove, some medical issue intervenes. Wish me luck....
    Good luck tomorrow Indy. I understand completely. I got an ugly 6 mile run in today and my legs just ache. I haven't had a decent run in a couple of weeks and am so ready to get this marathon over with. My second 20 mile run is this weekend and I guess I will hobble through it. I have an appointment tomorrow with my doc as well just to be sure my pain is from sore legs and not something that will be debilitating later if I push through it.

Luna Eclipse/Selle Italia Lady
    Surly Pacer/Terry Butterfly
    Quintana Roo Cd01/Koobi Stratus
    1981 Schwinn Le Tour Tourist
    Jamis Coda Femme