Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Looking at all the love there that's sleeping

To disable ads, please log-in.

45 minutes on the treadmill with my friend, Mr. Spider.
    2007 Seven ID8 - Bontrager InForm
    2003 Klein Palomino - Terry Firefly (?)
    2010 Seven Cafe Racer - Bontrager InForm
    2008 Cervelo P2C - Adamo Prologue Saddle

I realized yesterday that I do much better at staying motivated on the treadmill if I cover up the display with a towel. I'll otherwise just stare at the clock and count every second until I'm done.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

5 miles through the 'hood this morning between my first and second course of breakfast.

It feels good to be running regularly again.
    2005 Giant TCR2
    2012 Trek Superfly Elite AL
    2nd Sport, Pando Fall Challenge 2011 and 3rd Expert Peak2Peak 2011
    2001 Trek 8000 SLR
    Iceman 2010-6th Place AG State Games, 2010-1st Sport, Cry Baby Classic 2010-7th Expert, Blackhawk XTerra Tri 2007-3rd AG

Occasionally Updated Blog

4 mile tempo run today. Mid 2 miles were supposed to be at 9 min miles per the plan...I made it about 0.75 miles at a 9 min mile pace, then had to have a short recovery, then ran more like a 9:30 min mile pace, felt more comfortable. Overall with warm up & cool down completed my 4 miles in 40:30. That is my fastest 4 miles, I may need to look back at all my training logs but I really don't think I have run a 40 something 4 miler. I may have not executed the run exactly as I should of, but I did run a tempo run and a PR training run I do believe!

Tonight is the local Jingle Bell run. So it will be a very easy 5K with friends. We have a "cool" front moving in this afternoon. It was warm 70's for my run this AM, it is dropping at least 20 degrees, so may feel a bit Christmasy for the run after all!

K
    katluvr

Upped my beach run to 4 miles today, double where I started (2 mi) back in September. Yes, my progress is slow, but I'm no spring chicken, so I figure I'll allow myself to move along at a snail's pace to avoid injury. So far, that has worked very well indeed. I felt downright good today!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Awesome Emily!

I did three hot treadmill miles. They were unremarkable but at least I got them done. I have finally gotten back to working out nearly everyday--something I am thrilled about. Tomorrow is a rest day though. I meet with a trainer on Fridays and I want to be fresh.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Everyone is doing great here!

Yesterday was my first run in the rain in years. Luckily, it wasn't pouring and it was in the high 50s. Managed to get in 3.5 miles--it really wasn't bad at all. I wanted to get out either yesterday or today. Since today is supposed to be significantly colder and windy, I didn't want to risk hitting an icy patch on the trail at work.

I had a gait analysis done last weekend & discovered that Brooks Ariel is way too much shoe for me. I've switched to Brooks Adrenaline GTS 12s and what a difference. :-)

This weekend is the Chi Running Workshop (Sat) and Jingle Bell 8K (Sun).

Luna Eclipse//Terry B'fly
    Luna Orbit//Sella Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    Bianchi Eros Donna//Terry Falcon
    Seven Alaris//Jett 143
    Terry Isis (Titanium)//Terry B'fly

Ran 5 miles after work last night. It was an ugly run but I got it done.

I've been taking my running gear to work with me and running as soon as I get off so I can run in the last 30 minutes of daylight instead of driving home. It's turned cold here and the brisk, 30 degree air was invigorating.

Luna Eclipse/Selle Italia Lady
    Surly Pacer/Terry Butterfly
    Quintana Roo Cd01/Koobi Stratus
    1981 Schwinn Le Tour Tourist
    Jamis Coda Femme

Looking at all the love there that's sleeping
    Quote Originally Posted by Selkie View Post
    This weekend is the Chi Running Workshop (Sat) and Jingle Bell 8K (Sun).
    Same here!
    Are you doing the Rockville JB 8K with MCRRC?

Saw this article on a Chi Running workshop and thought it was interesting.

Did my first Runerval DVD session (30 minutes of intervals) this morning. Found my treadmill was not as quick to respond as Coach Troy wanted. I had to anticipate when we went back into work mode (thanks to CT and his 5-second warning), so I could prep the 'mill with elevation and speed.
    2007 Seven ID8 - Bontrager InForm
    2003 Klein Palomino - Terry Firefly (?)
    2010 Seven Cafe Racer - Bontrager InForm
    2008 Cervelo P2C - Adamo Prologue Saddle

Last night it felt like I had a cold coming on; this morning it had arrived. So no run, just a very brisk walk with my dog, in the cold. I've signed up for a Reindeer Ramble 5k this weekend, but with the predicted temperature (20F!!) and a cold, that might not be a good idea...

Easy run last night with the kid, enjoyed the Christmas lights and light snowfall

800's on the track today. Bleh. At least they are done.
    2005 Giant TCR2
    2012 Trek Superfly Elite AL
    2nd Sport, Pando Fall Challenge 2011 and 3rd Expert Peak2Peak 2011
    2001 Trek 8000 SLR
    Iceman 2010-6th Place AG State Games, 2010-1st Sport, Cry Baby Classic 2010-7th Expert, Blackhawk XTerra Tri 2007-3rd AG

Occasionally Updated Blog

what have I done?

I can finally join in this thread...I've gone and signed up for a half marathon in March. Aaack! Signed up on Tuesday which gives me just about 12 weeks to get ready. Got out for my first run in ages yesterday to kick start my training. Actually had a great run despite the cold strong winds. Actually found the wind and the sound of the crashing waves along the seafront really blew the cobwebs away. Did about 3 miles in 40 minutes and felt like I could have kept going. Not a great pace but it's a start.
    Specialized Tricross Sport / Specialized Lithia 143

That's great, UK! I signed up for my first half marathon in March, too, so we'll be training at the same time!

I haven't searched for a training plan yet, but it's on my to-do list. Good for you for getting out there
    2014 Surly Straggler
    2012 Salsa Casseroll - STOLEN

Quote Originally Posted by 7rider View Post
    Same here!
    Are you doing the Rockville JB 8K with MCRRC?

Saw this article on a Chi Running workshop and thought it was interesting.

Did my first Runerval DVD session (30 minutes of intervals) this morning. Found my treadmill was not as quick to respond as Coach Troy wanted. I had to anticipate when we went back into work mode (thanks to CT and his 5-second warning), so I could prep the 'mill with elevation and speed.
    DH and I will see you on Saturday. Looks like we'll be both inside and out, so let's hope it warms up a little.

We're doing the Jingle Bell run that starts at Freedom Plaza. Flat course, thank goodness. They give you bells as part of your race packet, so it should be a blast with all the participants jingling away! Sunday morning is going to be cold, so I hope they will have someplace warm for people to wait for the start. Looks like I caught that cold that's making the rounds but Mucinex DM is helping.

I did look at the Rockville race, but opted for the one in DC (a wee bit closer to home and I wanted a flat course after that hilly Turkey Trot).

DH treated me to the Trigger Point (tptherapy.com) kit for lower leg. Hopefully, this will help with my tight calves. The change in shoes is helping a lot.

Luna Eclipse//Terry B'fly
    Luna Orbit//Sella Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    Bianchi Eros Donna//Terry Falcon
    Seven Alaris//Jett 143
    Terry Isis (Titanium)//Terry B'fly

The sun finally came out and I did a little over ten. Last time I'll get to run hills in a while. It was beautiful.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler