Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Looking at all the love there that's sleeping

To disable ads, please log-in.

brrrr....somehow, Deb, I just get chilled reading about this trip (rain, 50's....).
    I remember fondly our C&O tour (and am glad the weather was warm and rain free then!).

Sorry to hear about the job. I hope you can line something up. Glad tho' to hear your mom is doing better.
    2007 Seven ID8 - Bontrager InForm
    2003 Klein Palomino - Terry Firefly (?)
    2010 Seven Cafe Racer - Bontrager InForm
    2008 Cervelo P2C - Adamo Prologue Saddle

Well, my new bike is sort of "relaxed road geometry" with very low touring gears. Right now I've got 25s on the bike, I know it can take 28s, but not sure about 32s. It would have to be light touring, as the bike is not set up to take a ton of weight. But, with planning, I think 2 panniers would be fine for a 3 day trip.
    Something to think about. Of course, we'd have to combine it with a trip to visit my B-I-L (big sigh).
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Crankin', before shlepping all the way to Missouri to ride the Katy, how about the Great Allegheny Passage from Pittsburgh to Cumberland, MD? Similar unpaved rail trail, but a better surface and very nicely graded. I think you could use 28 tires on that trail. The Katy was about 90% nice firm surface, but some occasional soft patches and ruts or gravel, lots of twigs, etc. If you do hotels or B&Bs and the weather isn't too cold, you can easily get by with 2 small panniers. I carried my 2 larger panniers on this trip due to cold weather and needing more warm clothes.
    Oil is good, grease is better.

2007 Peter Mooney w/S&S couplers/Terry Butterfly
    1993 Bridgestone MB-3/Avocet O2 Air 40W
    1980 Columbus Frame with 1970 Campy parts
    1954 Raleigh 3-speed/Brooks B72

Thanks, Deb.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport