Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

I'm in!

I will put an hour goal down - but I'm modeling my personal challenge after the Spinervals challenge and will check in here to remain accountable. If I meet the hourly goal, great - but my goal is to get myself more used to riding and get rid of the excuses. To that end - I am planning to ride the trainer or outside every day in December. Even if it's 2 miles or 15 minutes on the trainer. Whatever - as long as it's riding. I am giving myself 4 rest days for the month - in part to accommodate a trip that may preclude riding (since we won't be staying in a hotel with a gym probably) and in part to make sure I don't kill myself.
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

I am in also as I am preparing myself to ride no less than 300 days in 2012 beginning Jan. 1st. no less than 6.2 mi.

~ JoAnn
    2012 Specialized Amira S-Works
    2012 Vita Elite
    2011 Specialized Dolce Elite (raffle prize) - Riva Road 155
    Ralaigh Tara Mtn Bike

Quote Originally Posted by Jo-n-NY View Post
    I am in also as I am preparing myself to ride no less than 300 days in 2012 beginning Jan. 1st. no less than 6.2 mi.

~ JoAnn
    That's a cool goal! I might have to borrow that for 2012.

I'm going through some major life changes (for the best, but very scary), and I'm trying to get myself in a better place fitness wise to best prepare myself!
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

Quote Originally Posted by Jo-n-NY View Post

~ JoAnn
    Oooooh, I LIKE this one I may have to consider a version of this for myself. Having a trainer makes this possible!

I cannot take credit for the 300 days of cycling idea. I got it from another forum
    2012 Specialized Amira S-Works
    2012 Vita Elite
    2011 Specialized Dolce Elite (raffle prize) - Riva Road 155
    Ralaigh Tara Mtn Bike

Count me in too please. No snow here. Only cold. So, no snowshoeing or x-country skiing, yet, to keep me motivated for off-season fitness. Thanks for doing this!

2001 Trek 7500 FX, converted to a hauler - Serfas
    200? Marin hybrid - Selle San Marco
    2004 Trek 5200 - Avatar
    2011 Trek 6.2 Madone - Ruby

I think I need this motivation. Please count me in.
    Health is the thing that makes you feel like now is the best time of the year--Franklin Pierce Adams

Count me in. My goal will be 24 hours. I'll also be running a lot in December, so getting in my bike time will be a challenge!
    2005 Giant TCR2
    2012 Trek Superfly Elite AL
    2nd Sport, Pando Fall Challenge 2011 and 3rd Expert Peak2Peak 2011
    2001 Trek 8000 SLR
    Iceman 2010-6th Place AG State Games, 2010-1st Sport, Cry Baby Classic 2010-7th Expert, Blackhawk XTerra Tri 2007-3rd AG

Occasionally Updated Blog

sending PM for link...

So how do we put our entries in? Just calculate the % and add to it as we accumulate in the column next to the starting date?

Sorry couldn't type more early had kids chattering in my ear to use my puter.

Me too, please! Thanks for starting this. I've had a goal of 15 min. 3X a week but it has been challenging to set aside the time!
    2014 Bobbin Bramble / Brooks B67
    2008 Rodriguez Rainier Mirage / Terry Butterfly Tri Gel
    2007 Dahon Speed Pro TT / Biologic Velvet
    1998? GT Rebound / Serfas Gel

Quote Originally Posted by Miranda View Post
    So how do we put our entries in? Just calculate the % and add to it as we accumulate in the column next to the starting date?

Sorry couldn't type more early had kids chattering in my ear to use my puter.

As you put in your hours and minutes it will automatically calculate the percentage for you. I like to put it in as I go, so I can see my percentages go up.

Veronica
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

This is a GREAT idea. I have the hardest time staying on the trainer more than 45 minutes at a time. Maybe this will give me some incentive....
    Help me reach my $8,000 goal for the American Lung Association! Riding Seattle to D.C. for clean air! http://larissaridesforcleanair.org
    http://action.lungusa.org/goto/larissapowers

Quote Originally Posted by Reesha View Post
    This is a GREAT idea. I have the hardest time staying on the trainer more than 45 minutes at a time. Maybe this will give me some incentive....
    I've noticed this same problem, the first 45 minutes aren't a problem, it is staying on there longer than that. I am hoping this challenge will help me in more than one way, even if I do wind up having to moderate it a bit due to my neck injury.

I will be doing stationary bike at my gym , would love spinning classes but because of the schedule I am unable to take them..so I am gonna have to keep doing just the stationary bike and the other cardio machines. I Do minimum of 30 intense minutes 5-7 days a week plus some other 15-20 minutes at a different cardio machine + 30 strenght workout and abs.