Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

I did 2/3 of my goal time (half hour) today. Really not feeling so great right now...
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

Quote Originally Posted by Tri Girl View Post
    Great to know! Thanks for the info. I'm always looking for *something* to make indoor riding during the winter a little less painful. I'm putting one on my Christmas list. Is there any one that you like more than another?
    In order of preference, I like these the most: "Downward Spiral", "Angels", "Hell Hath no Fury".

Quote Originally Posted by Catrin View Post
    Tonight I was in spinning class, and I always start early to warm up as it is a kick a*s class. I am moderating things right now for my neck but I still want to warm up.

So far the longest I've been able to tolerate the trainer is an hour, but that last 15 minutes is hard...good movies help
    I have a hard time for the first 30 mins. My goal is an hour at a time, so once I hit 30 I know I am halfway there and the second half doesn't seem so bad.
    I'm on the kreitler wind machine - if I play something cool on the headphones and close my eyes I can pretend I'm outside.
    2009 Fuji Team

My blog - which rarely mentions cycling. It's really about decorating & food. http://www.crisangsteninteriors.com/blog

3/3

Another 45 minutes done. Was curious about another ECT, so did the warm up and watched part of it (sort of did the workout - still a good workout for me!) - then DH took over the TV for aero base.
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

Quote Originally Posted by Tri Girl View Post
    Doing more than an hour on the trainer is soooo hard for me. I had a friend that trained for an IM doing ALL her miles on the trainer (she lived in Minnesota and trained during the winter for a spring IM). Her longest ride was 7 hours. I would have surely lost my sanity long before the 3 hour mark.
    SEVEN HOURS?!

Maybe it's my choice of material. I can't afford new stuff, but I have plenty on my laptop and my DVD collection. I'm mostly watching old TV shows, so half an hour seems like a natural stopping point. Maybe I'll try for two episodes as this muscle heals.

Tri Girl, sorry about your stress fracture. At least you're not missing the good weather, right?
    Last edited by Owlie; 12-03-2011 at 09:38 AM.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

I "cheated" today and did a 30 mile outdoor ride. But it's back to the trainer early next week.
    "Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly" (Robert F. Kennedy)

Quote Originally Posted by jusdooit View Post
    I "cheated" today and did a 30 mile outdoor ride. But it's back to the trainer early next week.
    That's not cheatin... that's awesome (aka outside vs inside).

I am not sure how the spreadsheet works. Do I put in some kind of symbol before the new time I am keying in?
    2012 Specialized Amira S-Works
    2012 Vita Elite
    2011 Specialized Dolce Elite (raffle prize) - Riva Road 155
    Ralaigh Tara Mtn Bike

I'm in! I'm still riding outside and doing 1 to 2 Spin classes a week. Can you please send me the link. Great idea....I love it!
    We do not take a trip; a trip takes us - John Steinbeck

Quote Originally Posted by Jo-n-NY View Post
    I am not sure how the spreadsheet works. Do I put in some kind of symbol before the new time I am keying in?
    Enter 1 hour as 01:00 or 40 minutes as 00:40 and you will be set...

Got two hours in on Saturday to make up for my flake out on Friday. I'll do my first sufferfest vid tonight! :dread:
    Help me reach my $8,000 goal for the American Lung Association! Riding Seattle to D.C. for clean air! http://larissaridesforcleanair.org
    http://action.lungusa.org/goto/larissapowers

Yes Miranda it was wonderful. And I got to ride with friends I hadn't seen for a while.
    "Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly" (Robert F. Kennedy)

Quote Originally Posted by jusdooit View Post
    Yes Miranda it was wonderful. And I got to ride with friends I hadn't seen for a while.
    Good!

I teach Spinning year round. There are some students that do not exercise outside at all. When the weather is half-way do-able outside it's hard for me to be inside! Though I'm grateful to get paid with having class attendance and to see my members I love.

Glad you got to see your friends also.

Today's video was Dropping the Hammer. Love it/hate it. It's a great workout, but it is hard.

Veronica
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

Quote Originally Posted by pll View Post
    Enter 1 hour as 01:00 or 40 minutes as 00:40 and you will be set...
    Thanks, I thought so. I didn't seem like they were adding up so I thought I was missing something. The percentage line is messed up. I will PM Veronica since I have no idea how to do formulas in excel.
    2012 Specialized Amira S-Works
    2012 Vita Elite
    2011 Specialized Dolce Elite (raffle prize) - Riva Road 155
    Ralaigh Tara Mtn Bike