Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Anelia View Post
    I stopped using the stationary bike because it's a wonderful winter here with snow and sunny weather. Now I ride outside and I feel wonderful. My work outs are not very intense on the heart because I have to be careful not t slip on ice or snow but keeping balance and struggling the snow is a whole body workout. I exercise my core, my legs, my upper body and my skills. I have lots of time ahead to do intervals.
    I don't know about you, but I've noticed that simply riding outside in the cold air sends my heart rate much higher than in warmer temps. You may be doing more in that department than you realize. Physiologically speaking, exercising in the cold air requires more out of the body - and we get a better workout

I am 33 minutes and 2 workouts from meeting my goal. This is huge for me. This is the first hard fitness goal I have faithfully followed, and I feel like I have put down a good foundation to go into next year starting strong. I'm particularly proud because I managed to turn a bad thing (an ankle injury that derailed my running plan) into something good. Happy dance!!!

Thank you, Veronica - for starting this challenge, and for being an inspiration
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

Quote Originally Posted by Blueberry View Post
    I am 33 minutes and 2 workouts from meeting my goal. This is huge for me. This is the first hard fitness goal I have faithfully followed, and I feel like I have put down a good foundation to go into next year starting strong. I'm particularly proud because I managed to turn a bad thing (an ankle injury that derailed my running plan) into something good. Happy dance!!!

Just yay.

Sarah

When it's easy, ride hard; when it's hard, ride easy.

2011 Volagi Liscio
    2010 Pegoretti Love #3 "Manovelo"
    2011 Mercian Vincitore Special
    2003 Eddy Merckx Team SC - stolen
    2001 Colnago Ovalmaster Stars and Stripes

That's awesome. Although you really started this when you posted the Coach Troy link.

Don't hurt your ankle doing your happy dance!

Veronica
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

Will there be another challenge in January? Maybe?

35 minutes today. First day back after a long hiatus that started before Thanksgiving. It felt good!

72 minutes today completes my 10 hours. Aerobase Builder video - not my favorite, but I survived.

Veronica
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

One hour of resistance work: 10 min warm up, ~35 minutes of actual resistance work, 12-13 min cool-down. And I only stopped pedaling to shift around on the saddle!
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

WOW! How cool is that? You must feel great!

45 minutes on the trainer yesterday morning. I should have stuck with my original 20 hour goal for December since I've exceeded that

Then again, I include all that I do on anything that looks like a bike - trainer, spinning class, and my rare chance to ride outside this time of the year.

Finished out the month today - total hours on trainer/bike - 27:04:55; total miles 435.62. Sadly, I fell just short of my goal of 30 hours. That said, I'm not disappointed as I had a super month on my bike. Looking forward to the January challenge!
    Marcie

30 minutes today on the trainer pushed me a hair over my goal. Yipee!

Thank you all!

Met my hourly goal yesterday, and my workout number goal today. I woke up with a sore throat this AM, so took it very easy today. I'll post more later about what I've learned, but I have broken through a lot of barriers and learned a lot about myself and my exercise habits (and weaknesses) through doing this.
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

Another hour. I'm planning to ride outside tomorrow, and that should put me at or over my goal.

I'm such a procrastinator.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

Did pretty well until this past week when other stuff began to get in the way (meaning I let it get in the way). 68% is still better than 0%... Hope to do better in January.

Congrats to all who reached their goals.
    Health is the thing that makes you feel like now is the best time of the year--Franklin Pierce Adams