Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

I'm in, although I have no way to ride inside so I'll use it to motivate me to keep up the commutes through December

6 hours a week is reasonable, that'll give me a little leeway if the weather gets really nasty....

I'm in. I just managed an hour on the trainer. I have the Krietler killer headwind version - I actually like it - got it for $20 from a cycling friend who termed it "brutal" and said it sat in his basement for years. Think it's really good for me. Out here it's very hilly/mountainous, so it's more like interval training where you push hard up the hill/mountain and then rest on the way down. The trainer is great for increasing the endurance to pedal all the time. I might come out of winter a bit stronger than going in.

My three dogs are hilarious though - the oldest (10) barks at me until I tell her to shush, so she leaves the room entirely. The other two just watch me with worried expressions.

My goal is an hour or more per day.
    2009 Fuji Team

My blog - which rarely mentions cycling. It's really about decorating & food. http://www.crisangsteninteriors.com/blog

I'm planning on doing the lord of the rings trilogy this month. And I'm hooked on Lost (on netflix). I have plenty of trainer riding material!
    2005 Giant TCR2
    2012 Trek Superfly Elite AL
    2nd Sport, Pando Fall Challenge 2011 and 3rd Expert Peak2Peak 2011
    2001 Trek 8000 SLR
    Iceman 2010-6th Place AG State Games, 2010-1st Sport, Cry Baby Classic 2010-7th Expert, Blackhawk XTerra Tri 2007-3rd AG

Occasionally Updated Blog

I'd like to join. I do 3 coached sessions a week at a cycling studio, though I'll be gone for a week over the holidays. Maybe I can find a gym in upstate NY (where my Dad lives) to stay moving the week I'm there....
    Susan Otcenas
    TeamEstrogen.com
    See our newest cycling jerseys
    1-877-310-4592

Ok, it's the 30th of November and I officially start tomorrow, this evening is set aside to put the trainer tire on my old bike and set up the trainer so I'll be good to go. Just in time, we were greated with our first real snowfall of the year this morning. Sloppy streets = me indoor riding. Wimpy me.
    Bike Writer

http://pedaltohealth.blogspot.com/

Schwinn Gateway unknown year
    Specalized Expedition Sport Low-Entry 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica View Post
    As you put in your hours and minutes it will automatically calculate the percentage for you. I like to put it in as I go, so I can see my percentages go up.

Veronica
    Thanks, V!

In! I am generally lucky enough to be able to ride on weekends, the only thing is with short amounts of daylight I have to go to spin on weeknights. I love it once I am there but it is hard not to point the car straight home. I think two hours a week is a good challenge, that would be two classes. I do have one 42 mile mountain bike race this month so that may require some lighter workouts that week.
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

I should put the bike on the trainer, huh?
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

Veronica - thanks for doing this!

Quote Originally Posted by limewave View Post
    I'm planning on doing the lord of the rings trilogy this month. And I'm hooked on Lost (on netflix). I have plenty of trainer riding material!
    I've been thinking about doing the same LOTR trology, and I've the extended version. This is a good idea for weekday evenings. So far at least I've been able to at least get short rides in outside on the weekends, and this Saturday looks hopeful. I keep putting off getting the special trainer tire until I know I am inside for the season...

I also do two spinning classes a week, so my hours include that. I did lower my hours from 20-18 for the month, just thinking about my neck. I don't want to set too high a goal but if I can do more than that it would be great!

Quote Originally Posted by Owlie View Post
    I should put the bike on the trainer, huh?
    It would probably help out a bit

I'm going to use this just to count my hours on the bike in general. Today I happen to be biking home outside!!! Otherwise I'd be on the trainer tonight.
    Help me reach my $8,000 goal for the American Lung Association! Riding Seattle to D.C. for clean air! http://larissaridesforcleanair.org
    http://action.lungusa.org/goto/larissapowers

1/1 (Rides/Days in December)

45 Minutes down - a Spinervals.
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

Please count me in also, I did 2 hrs yesterday but that was still Nov.
    I plan to do an hour and half after dinner
    PLease send me the link also
    I will commit to 5 hours a week min.

Still plan to ride outside as much as possible, the next three days are going to be nice here.

46 minutes with Coach Troy doing Recharge. It's a good video to do after a tough day to spin out your legs. Yesterday was leg day with Shawna. Man, my glutes are sore! One legged squats in the hack squat machine...

I listened to Christmas carols from A Very Special Christmas vol. 1 and 2.

Veronica
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

Half-hour down.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

1 hour down, 17 more to go. Hopefully more than that but we will see how my neck does