Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

I'm taking the night off too. I feel terrible for no adequately explained reason.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

Took it really easy last night (felt like crap). 35 minutes of hard intervals tonight.

6/6 done.
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

Great group trainer ride at LBS tonight (1.5 hours). Hoping to get an outside ride in later in the week.
    "Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly" (Robert F. Kennedy)

I signed up today and would like to entry my rides thus far for Dec. How do I enter each individual day?
    Marcie

It's not set up for individual days, just tally your total so far.

Next month maybe I'll make it more sophisticated.

Veronica
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

Having this challenge is much better than just riding on a trainer without one. It helps to keep me on track during this crazy hectic busy time plus I LOVE seeing the goal percentage go up after an entry

I use spreadsheets for logging my mileage and time for outdoor riding but never thought about setting a specific target for the trainer. This is fun!
    Bike Writer

http://pedaltohealth.blogspot.com/

Schwinn Gateway unknown year
    Specalized Expedition Sport Low-Entry 2011

I have a much more complicated spreadsheet that I use to track my daily training. I have goals every month for running, swimming, biking - indoor and out, yoga and working with my trainer. I have never gotten 100% of my goal for all of those in a month.

But a goal should be a bit of a stretch for you. That's what I tell my students anyway!

Veronica
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

Quote Originally Posted by makbike View Post
    I signed up today and would like to entry my rides thus far for Dec. How do I enter each individual day?
    You can enter a comment on your total, if you want to track day by day. It won't tally, but you can see it....
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica View Post
    I have a much more complicated spreadsheet that I use to track my daily training. I have goals every month for running, swimming, biking - indoor and out, yoga and working with my trainer. I have never gotten 100% of my goal for all of those in a month.

Veronica
    I have an "old-fashioned" non-computer, hand-written bike log that I use when I get serious about my training each year. I usually start it in March and go to the AIDs ride in July. I log bike time, strength and core conditioning and yoga. In addition to being able to look back at prior years and see what worked well, and what did not, it forces me to be disciplined because I don't want to put a big 0 in for the day. This TE challenge is likewise very helpful in getting me motivated to put in the time on the trainer when I would rather just sleep in! Thanks again for doing this!

2001 Trek 7500 FX, converted to a hauler - Serfas
    200? Marin hybrid - Selle San Marco
    2004 Trek 5200 - Avatar
    2011 Trek 6.2 Madone - Ruby

I decided to get slowly back to my usual exercise after the cervical spine injections yesterday. I skipped my usual Wed. evening weights, but put in 35 minutes on the trainer. Hope to put in a full spinning class tomorrow night

I woke up at 4am for no good reason today. Skipping today, will do 1:30 (split up--morning and then when I get home in the evening) tomorrow. Right now I'm going to eat dinner and pass out!
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

My cycling coach mixes up the motivation quite a bit. Some days we have scenic cycling videos (where it's shot from the rider's perspective, so you rarely/never see a bike, just the road and scenery ahead) which he sets to music at whatever cadences we are working at for the day. Other times we use Robbie Ventura videos to simulate races, sprints, pacelining, etc. On time trial days, we usually get treated to footage of Lance, or even better, Fabian Cancellara, again set to music by the coach to keep us pedaling at certain cadences. There are days with no video at all, where it's just music and drills, but that's OK too. All in all, a great combination. Definitely never boring!

I've tried to sit on the trainer in my garage and I simply can not motivate myself to do it for long. Boooooring, and more importantly, I just don't push myself the same way I do in class.
    Susan Otcenas
    TeamEstrogen.com
    See our newest cycling jerseys
    1-877-310-4592

Quote Originally Posted by Susan Otcenas View Post
    My cycling coach mixes up the motivation quite a bit. Some days we have scenic cycling videos (where it's shot from the rider's perspective, so you rarely/never see a bike, just the road and scenery ahead) which he sets to music at whatever cadences we are working at for the day. Other times we use Robbie Ventura videos to simulate races, sprints, pacelining, etc. On time trial days, we usually get treated to footage of Lance, or even better, Fabian Cancellara, again set to music by the coach to keep us pedaling at certain cadences. There are days with no video at all, where it's just music and drills, but that's OK too. All in all, a great combination. Definitely never boring!

I've tried to sit on the trainer in my garage and I simply can not motivate myself to do it for long. Boooooring, and more importantly, I just don't push myself the same way I do in class.
    I totally heard that lol. Even as an instructor I can usually push it just a little bit more when someone else is mixing up the fun.

Have had a cold all week, finally feel like I am getting the upper hand but not ready for spin class yet.
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

Hour-long cycling class at 6am today. Focus was on cadence drills today, with most of the work done at 100 and 105 rpm. When I first started working with this coach (15 months ago), my natual cadence was ~ 80rpm. Now I am closer to 95rpm. So, these drills DEFINITELY work!
    Susan Otcenas
    TeamEstrogen.com
    See our newest cycling jerseys
    1-877-310-4592