Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

There have been so few opportunities to ride outside that I've been counting them along with the inside rides - so another 35 minutes today. Great ride outside, but my lungs strongly disliked the cold weather

I rode outside for the first time in my life in December, in the Chicago area... I know others do it, but I had not dared before. The temperature was just under 40, with a windchill ~29 degrees, some wind. I managed not to freeze my fingers and toes in a little over 2 hours 20min. I will add that to my total, even though it was outdoors!

It feels very different to ride with the cold, dry air; very tiring but fun to be outside for a change. Maybe I will dare again tomorrow. Brrr.

45 minutes today - 22/24.

Planning a rest day tomorrow. I may end up with only 3 rest days for the month (I had said I could have 4) - but I'm not quite ready to make that call yet.
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

Mental Toughness today - another 1:33 done.

Veronica
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

1:20 outdoor riding. Will I or won't I?
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

23 Workouts /26 Days

45 minutes done today. Looks like I will meet my hour goal too.
    Last edited by Blueberry; 12-27-2011 at 07:29 AM.

18/18, I've met my goal. I actually did much more than the needed hour today as I put an hour in on the trainer after lunch, and 90 minutes in spinning class this evening. As I've met my goal I see no need to include it however.

I like this challenge, it was helpful!

We set a record high yesterday, 52. However, the wind was absolutely awful and gusting to 40 so, ... I hopped on the trainer and did a Coach Troy Aero Base Builder for an hour and 15. Wacky "winter" we are having so far.

2001 Trek 7500 FX, converted to a hauler - Serfas
    200? Marin hybrid - Selle San Marco
    2004 Trek 5200 - Avatar
    2011 Trek 6.2 Madone - Ruby

Veronica

Thank you so much to Veronica for starting up this creative challenge and for setting up the spreadsheet for us to use for tracking.

The spirit of compettition and the public admission of a goal has really helped to keep me on track and I suspect quite a few others too. I set a goal that I felt I could achieve and it looks like I will make it. It has been more challenging than I had expected it to be, December can be such a busy month that it could be easy to shrug off time spent training/exercising, however this committment turned out to be fun and inspiring and helped to keep my on track on those days I might otherwise opt out. Outdoor summer riding is fun and serves as it's own motivation. Indoor riding is not. I am grateful for the motivation this challenge has provided.

Despite the parties, the cookies and goodies and the overindulging, this challenge has helped me to maintain fitness and weight.

Again, thank you Veronica and to all the TE participants for their motivation!

I'm glad it has served as motivation for so many.

Veronica
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

I came down with something awful. My throat is so swollen I can hardly breathe and I've lost my voice completely. Haven't been able to talk for 3 days. I told DH he got what he wanted for christmas--I can't nag him! I stayed in bed most of Christmas and the next day. Don't think I'll be making much more progress on the challenge though.
    2005 Giant TCR2
    2012 Trek Superfly Elite AL
    2nd Sport, Pando Fall Challenge 2011 and 3rd Expert Peak2Peak 2011
    2001 Trek 8000 SLR
    Iceman 2010-6th Place AG State Games, 2010-1st Sport, Cry Baby Classic 2010-7th Expert, Blackhawk XTerra Tri 2007-3rd AG

Occasionally Updated Blog

Feel better, Limewave!

47 minutes for me today.

24 workouts/27 days. Only an hour and 18 minutes and 3 more workouts to meet my goal. Yipee!!

Thank you Veronica! The December bike challenge is the only thing motivating me to do something other than lie in bed and surf the web. I hate the winter and tend to overeat and sit around leading to a 10 pound weight gain. When Spring rolls around, i have to work my butt off to lose it. Unfortunately, i have gained my winter 10 already, but i'd love to lose it before Spring, otherwise i will spiral out of control!

If you decide to do a January challenge, I'm definitely in. Thanks again!

Limewave, I hope you feel better quickly!

I had 60 minutes in spinning class this morning.

I stopped using the stationary bike because it's a wonderful winter here with snow and sunny weather. Now I ride outside and I feel wonderful. My work outs are not very intense on the heart because I have to be careful not t slip on ice or snow but keeping balance and struggling the snow is a whole body workout. I exercise my core, my legs, my upper body and my skills. I have lots of time ahead to do intervals.