Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

I thought about this while I was trying (successfully) to convince myself to just get on the bike and go to work rather than take the train this morning. I'm tired, it's a bit damp and should be raining on the way home (but almost 60 degrees. weird.), but I sucked it up and rode and now I'm glad I did.

I had set my goal based on 3 commutes/week but forgot that next week will likely be a less-than-full work-week, and/or working from the coffee shop which is close to home. I'll have to work in some errands or just for fun rides next week as long as the weather holds to meet that goal...

I did Suffer-o-Rama last night. Ouch! Still very sore this AM - today will be a very easy spin day.

18/20 as of last night.
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

I have a mind to do 3 eaaaasy hours outside today, but we'll see. it's hovering around 44 right now.
    Help me reach my $8,000 goal for the American Lung Association! Riding Seattle to D.C. for clean air! http://larissaridesforcleanair.org
    http://action.lungusa.org/goto/larissapowers

Ultra Core video. I don't think I've done this video since 2006. The core parts aren't as hard as I remember. I normally do hyper-extensions with Shawna holding a nine pound bar out in front of me. I'm going to have to figure out how to make the core parts harder with the weights and whatnot I have at home.

It's got a lot of single leg drills, which are not my friend. It felt like a good recovery workout after my tough leg day with Shawna yesterday though.

Veronica
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

90 minutes on the spinning bike this evening - 45 minutes listening to my music and doing my own thing before class, then stayed for class. Had fun!

I did 15 minutes last Thursday before the BF got here and I haven't done anything since (unless you count the five minutes or so that DBF spent fiddling with my bike). Now that he's gone, it's back on the wagon for me, starting tomorrow.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

Woohoo!! We've had two people hit their goals already. Congrats to pinsonp2 and Jo-n-NY. A lot of folks are really close.

Veronica

TandemHearts.com

1 hour on the trainer today watching LOTR, getting close to my goal! It also looks like I will get some outside riding time next week, so may well get to finish this with outside time

31 minutes of Fat Burner intervals this morning flipping between music channels. Might perhaps do a ride outside on Monday. Still no real snow on the ground and forecast high Monday is 35-40. We'll see how time constraints go.

Happy Holidays everyone!

2001 Trek 7500 FX, converted to a hauler - Serfas
    200? Marin hybrid - Selle San Marco
    2004 Trek 5200 - Avatar
    2011 Trek 6.2 Madone - Ruby

Yay for those who have reached their goals, and those who are on their way!

I'm at 20/22 last night, and still feeling strong (if sore and a little tired).
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

Ahhh! I'm pretty sure I am going to fall short. Oh well, I still spent more time on the trainer than I would have.
    2005 Giant TCR2
    2012 Trek Superfly Elite AL
    2nd Sport, Pando Fall Challenge 2011 and 3rd Expert Peak2Peak 2011
    2001 Trek 8000 SLR
    Iceman 2010-6th Place AG State Games, 2010-1st Sport, Cry Baby Classic 2010-7th Expert, Blackhawk XTerra Tri 2007-3rd AG

Occasionally Updated Blog

Quote Originally Posted by limewave View Post
    Ahhh! I'm pretty sure I am going to fall short. Oh well, I still spent more time on the trainer than I would have.
    Me too. My bike needs a tune-up, and this is the only time I can do it until March. 1 hour on the trainer, and then I'm getting cleaned up and taking her over there.

Well, I will NOT make my indoor goals. However, today's outdoor ride at 117 miles, 8400 feet of climbing and a low of 23 degrees (and sustained sub-32 degree temps for close to 3 hours) allowed me to even more exceed my annual climbing goal and hit 4024 miles for the year. And more pertinent for my purposes, my ride time on this ride was almost an hour faster than last year.

Sarah

When it's easy, ride hard; when it's hard, ride easy.

2011 Volagi Liscio
    2010 Pegoretti Love #3 "Manovelo"
    2011 Mercian Vincitore Special
    2003 Eddy Merckx Team SC - stolen
    2001 Colnago Ovalmaster Stars and Stripes

Wohoo Sarah!

Veronica

TandemHearts.com

Nice job, MP!
    Quote Originally Posted by Owlie View Post
    Me too. My bike needs a tune-up, and this is the only time I can do it until March. 1 hour on the trainer, and then I'm getting cleaned up and taking her over there.
    The shop did my tune-up same day (I'm shocked, since they usually take a week), and now the bike is back home. Yay!