Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: San Diego

San Diego

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hi! I know there are a few SD folks on here. Any good suggestions for rides in the area? I'll be down that way for work for a while, I think in is what is called the Kearny Mesa area.

I'll probably just head out, but if there are some nice streets with bike paths or any must-ride spots near there, I'd love to know.
    2001 Cannondale R500 <3
    2011 Specialized Ruby Elite Apex
    2021 Tangential Speedarama

Auckland...Honolulu... now San Diego.... where next ?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by tangentgirl View Post
    Hi! I know there are a few SD folks on here. Any good suggestions for rides in the area? I'll be down that way for work for a while, I think in is what is called the Kearny Mesa area.

I'll probably just head out, but if there are some nice streets with bike paths or any must-ride spots near there, I'd love to know.

I live in the next suburb, if you want to PM me for a bike ride

Channelluv introduced me to Mission Bay/Fiesta Island bike rides. There are nice bike paths and lanes around the area. Also a must ride is along the 101 coastal highway from Del Mar to Oceanside...
    People do not decide to become extraordinary. They decide to accomplish extraordinary things - Sir Edmund Hillary

The bike path on Coronado is amazing! I took the ferry from San Diego (downtown) over, and it was a great (flat!) ride.
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

When are you coming down? Maybe MillieNZ, you, and I could meet for a ride.

I think I'll be able to ride my bike again in a few weeks.

Roxy
    Getting in touch with my inner try-athlete.

Hmm that could be fun, thanks! I'm here now, sans bike, but I'll be back next week and I'll have a more set schedule then. Millie and Channl, I'll PM you sometime in the next couple of days when I know more. This week's a little off the cuff.
    2001 Cannondale R500 <3
    2011 Specialized Ruby Elite Apex
    2021 Tangential Speedarama

Quote Originally Posted by MillieNZ View Post
    Also a must ride is along the 101 coastal highway from Del Mar to Oceanside...
    I second the 101 but I would start by Rose Canyon area and cut through the lovely UCSD campus to be sure to get the entire Torrey Pines experience, and from there, north to Swami's. I love this ride!

And yes, around the bay including the Coronado strand is awesome especially now with all the aloe blooming fiery orange in the median.
    Giant TCR C3 :: Specialized Jett 143
    Specialized FSR :: Terry Butterfly
    Vintage Giant Road Bike :: Specialized Lithia

I also live near downtown San Diego and would love to join in on these rides. Taking the ferry to Coronado and riding back is a great ride.