Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

My Dog Is missing! :( Any Advice?....PLS

To disable ads, please log-in.

My male JRT is missing since yesterday..I dont know how he got out of the house. After I came back from riding my bike I had to take some pills for my sinus which I try to avoid because they make me extremely sleepy. I had to take the medicine because the sinus was very bad. Of course it knocked me out and I fell asleep. That was around 8p.m. or so ...so I woke up around 11:30 p.m.from upstairs I told my youngest son to put the dogs in the cage and go to sleep. My dogs spend all day around the house but at night they sleep in their cage. Oh...well I heard him doing it and then after a few minutes I hear my female barking and wining. I thought ok..maybe the doors are not locked or soemthing..so I went downstairs to check the doors and check on her...then thats when I realized the male wasnt in the cage..and I thought ok maybe my son decided to take him with him or maybe he is in my kids room under the bed and they decidde to leave him there. Oh well I started calling him and no answer..He wasn't inside the house...I went out to check on him and nothing...he is not around...I know he might went out when one of my kids were dumping the trash or something and they didn't realized he was gone...but he knows his way back..so I know by now someone took him. I have already contact the microchip company and am still looking around and knocked on some neighboors doors with no succes...I couldn't sleep all night long and even had a couple of dreams about him...one of my dreams I saw him dead and the second one he came back home all happy. I woke up like 7 times during the night....we miss him so much...and the female dog is sad too.

I have already made some fliers and will start puting them up around the neighborhood and also posted on craigslist...do you guys have any other suggestions that might help?

To the people here In Indiana...here is the link of craigslist add and a Pic of him just in case. His name is Peyton
    http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/pet/2712078248.html
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Peyton0000.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	27.3 KB 
ID:	13905  
    Last edited by Giulianna23; 11-20-2011 at 09:14 AM.

I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. Hopefully he's just out wandering and a kind soul will pick him up.

Couple of suggestions; call animal control and let them know, call area shelters, start calling vet offices.

Hope he's home soon!

Electra Townie 7D

I'm so sorry. I live in dire fear of one of my pets escaping. I can well imagine your heartbreak. I second Pax's suggestions. Leave fliers with all of them on the chance somebody brings him in. Hopefully, he'll turn up. Keep us posted.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Check local animal shelter's every day. And never give up. My friends dog was missing for almost 2 months when she found him.
    Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape.
    > Remember to appreciate all the different people in your life!

Have hope that he will turn up, especially if he is microchipped. A cat recently came into my clinic and we scanned her for a chip. Luckily she had one and we reunited her with her owner. She had been missing for 6 months and the owners thought she was dead. They were so happy to have her back. Most vets will let you post lost flyers too and we've gotten a few dogs reunited with their families that way as well.

Please keep us updated!

Keep us posted. I hope you find your little fellow. Call and GO to every local shelter. Descriptions are subjective, everyone sees different details and not everyone in the shelter sees every dog. I've read that it's important to go. Show pictures/flier and ask them to forward the information everywhere. You never know where he will turn up. I put your little guy in my Facebook status. Have some friends in animal rescue groups.
    Last edited by Trek420; 11-20-2011 at 03:54 PM.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    N+1 bike ~ Brompton
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

I hope your little guy turns up!
    2014 Bobbin Bramble / Brooks B67
    2008 Rodriguez Rainier Mirage / Terry Butterfly Tri Gel
    2007 Dahon Speed Pro TT / Biologic Velvet
    1998? GT Rebound / Serfas Gel

Oh no! I hope he turns up soon.
    The most effective way to do it, is to do it.
    Amelia Earhart

2005 Trek 5000 road/Avocet 02 40W
    2006 Colnago C50 road/SSM Atola
    2005 SC Juliana SL mtb/WTB Laser V

Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    N+1 bike ~ Brompton
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

I keep checking this thread hoping there is news. Hoping her dog is home.

Unfortunately no News yet. Some people around the neighborhood said they saw him running through the neighborhood sometime during the day with a little boy. Now.... they said he looks like another dog from the neighborhood. So it is not for sure it was him they saw. We been out several times posting fliers and looking for him and hoping to see him wandering or see that little boy with the dog...but nothing. The day has been ugly raining and clowdy and barely anyone outside.
    On the other hand I have to go drop my mom off to Chicago airport tomorrow..and I won't be back until late afternoon. My kids are going to school so no one to look for him in the morning . I gave them some fliers to hand out to the kids at school or at the school bus stop. I am so hoping he is in the area.

Thanks everyone on TE for the support
    Last edited by Giulianna23; 11-20-2011 at 08:31 PM.

Thanks for the links....I have been checking craigslist all day long... came across those same posts ...No Luck.. but I have the feeling and I hope he is very close to home.

put his favorite food in his dish and put it outside. You may get some unwanted guests but if he is near, he will come back.

Or put his favorite bedding or family members stinky sock by the door. If you have been living for several years at your current location, he shouldn't stray too far.

Nearly 30 years ago, my cat pushed out a screen and went out for a while. I camped out in my backyard for about a week. During the day while I was at work, I left my stinky/sweaty shirt, socks... shoes outside. Then he showed up around 5:0AM one morning. He lived a happy long life. Mr. Cat died of very old age in my arm.

I second the suggestion to call Animal Control every day. I find strays all the time - in one case I called A/C several times during the course of a week - and so did the dog's owner - it took A WEEK before someone put two and two together and realized the dog I had belonged to the lady missing a dog of the same description. This dog even had a bright green collar (no tags) and they STILL didn't put it together.
    Call. Or go down there. Every day. Leave flyers there, too.

Hang in there. I know I would be frantic if one of my girls were missing.
    2009 Fuji Team

My blog - which rarely mentions cycling. It's really about decorating & food. http://www.crisangsteninteriors.com/blog