Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Dear Dog

To disable ads, please log-in.

Dear dog,

You're quite the little magician. When I got into the shower this morning you were all snuggled in your bed, but when I walk out I get to see this

I know my bed is comfortable, but I was a tad bit jealous that I wasn't still in it and you were! You got a new bed for Christmas, please stay out of mine.
    Get busy living or get busy dying..

2010 Cervelo P2-Cobb Flow Max Plus

dear little Beau,

I'm sorry but he's never coming back. He died and we will do the best we can to love and cherish you since we cannot do for our dear father in law, your buddy, any longer. Roweena can be your buddy and I promise I will give you lots of belly rubs and milk bones and walk you as slowly and as leisurely as you like as often as you like.

your now owner and caregiver.
    marni
    Katy, Texas
    Trek Madone 6.5- "Red"
    Trek Pilot 5.2- " Bebe"

"easily outrun by a chihuahua."

Marni and Beau,
    Sorry for your loss. It's great that little Beau has a new loving family instead of being turned over to a shelter.

When Beau is feeling better, will he pose for a photo?
    Beth

Quote Originally Posted by tzvia View Post
    skhill- wish I could, but he is almost 14 now and having hip issues, his legs give out. Which means he has access to that part of the yard that he can get to without stairs. I live on a hillside, and it's a flight of stairs down to get to the street or up to the main part of the yard. He can't do it currently. I did take him about a month ago, but it was too much for him, and he is afraid to try the stairs again. He wanders around the house sometimes, and I get the feeling he is looking for his 'job'. Now he watches me where ever I go.
    Don't know if this is an option for you, but we recently started our dog (Katy) on Adequan injections. Katy is 10 and has always had hip dysplasia that was mostly controlled via glucosomine. We noticed though that she was starting to have more pain and difficulty. After a long talk with our vet and much research, we decided to try the Adequan. She's only had 3 shots so far but we have already noticed improvement. We are keeping our fingers crossed this works.

2001 Trek 7500 FX, converted to a hauler - Serfas
    200? Marin hybrid - Selle San Marco
    2004 Trek 5200 - Avatar
    2011 Trek 6.2 Madone - Ruby

Dear Dog,

I appreciate your desire to guard me while I sleep, but the cats are no threat. Please stop chasing them off when they dare to join us in bed. I really like having then curl up with us on a cold night, promise. What I don't like is being woken up by your vigorous defense, then going to comfort a scared and pissed off cat in the middle of the night.

love, your sleep-deprived human

Dear soon-to-be-our-dog,

We hope you love your new home, we'll try to make it a wonderful place for you.

Love,

Your new moms

Electra Townie 7D

Quote Originally Posted by Pax View Post
    Dear soon-to-be-our-dog,

We hope you love your new home, we'll try to make it a wonderful place for you.

Love,

Your new moms
    HOW CUTE!!!!
    makes me sad as I really, really miss my spastic, neurotic border collie
    Sky King
    biketouringnews.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sky King View Post
    HOW CUTE!!!!
    makes me sad as I really, really miss my spastic, neurotic border collie
    We lost our older BC's seven years ago, we figured it was time to have a family again.

Electra Townie 7D

How I have laughed, smiled and also cried at the posts on here.

Dear Grand-dog

I just love you so very much, when I see you several lunch times during the week, you are such a lovely dog to cuddle.

Last edited by ClockworkOrange; 01-17-2012 at 02:21 PM.
    Clock

Orange Clockwork - Limited Edition 1998

‘Enjoy your victories of each day'

Gorgeous Beagle. What a wonderful grand dog.

Grand dogs are great!
    2011 Specialized Ruby Comp
    2015 Giant Liv Tempt 3

Dear Lloyd,

Thanks for continuing to be a clown even though you are getting on in years.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8867349...in/photostream

Cute!!
    To train a dog, you must be more interesting than dirt.

Trek Project One
    Trek FX 7.4 Hybrid

Dear Dog - Thank you for barking like a really big dog when some guy was banging on our back door at 5:00 a.m. When DH came to the door, the guy heard you barking and charging against the door, and stammered that he had the wrong house. Guess so! You can have all the treats you want. Even the piece of red licorice that you stole off the kitchen counter

Dear Dog: I know that you love popcorn, but barking repeatedly at the hot air popper will not make it pop any faster. And when a stray popcorn misses the bowl and hits the floor? It's an accident - the air popper is not trying to reward you.

Dear dog,

Thanks for deciding to bark at everyone who steps onto our front porch! But especially when it's just the mailman, it's OK to stop once he moves on to the next house. Really.