Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dear Dog

Hybrid View

Dear Dog

I only thought this fair, since some of us do not have cats

Dear Big Dog:
    Why do you turn in a circle three times before lying down?
    -Annoyed at the bed shaking

Dear Little Dog:

Why must you lick us to death? We're clean. Honest. The soap and lotion were applied on purpose.
    -Licked

Dear Too Smart Dog:

I shut the bedroom door on purpose: to keep you out. Please do not open it.
    -The Boss
    2009 Fuji Team

My blog - which rarely mentions cycling. It's really about decorating & food. http://www.crisangsteninteriors.com/blog

Dear Dogs, why are you shedding in November? I have brushed you until my arm ached and now you are supposed to keep your fur to prepare for winter.

Signed,
    The Cleaning Woman

Dear dog, you farted. It was noisy. You don't have to run from the room when it happens, nothing is chasing you.

What a lovely thread, these days I don’t have either cat or dog.

OK, this is about my grand-dog, a beautiful Beagle from a rescue home.

Dear hound Dog

Why can’t you be bothered to turn your head to look at me, instead of just moving your eyes like ‘Eagle Eyes – Action Man’?
    Clock

Orange Clockwork - Limited Edition 1998

‘Enjoy your victories of each day'

Dear dog,

We tried a longer walk today and met you. I'm sorry your people leave you out in the front yard all day. You deserve to be inside on a warm lap. But thank you for being a dog my dog immediately took a like too. You played with my poorly socialized mutt and even backed yourself to the fence for a polite butt sniff.

We will come visit you again now that we've met.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1119110955-00.jpg 
Views:	307 
Size:	118.1 KB 
ID:	13901  
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

Quote Originally Posted by snapdragen View Post
    Dear dog, you farted. It was noisy. You don't have to run from the room when it happens, nothing is chasing you.
    I think our dogs are related.
    The most effective way to do it, is to do it.
    Amelia Earhart

2005 Trek 5000 road/Avocet 02 40W
    2006 Colnago C50 road/SSM Atola
    2005 SC Juliana SL mtb/WTB Laser V

I just brought home my new baby on Saturday, so I can finally post to the dog thread!

Dear Dog,

Why are you so afraid of the stairs? When you get to get 70 pounds I am not carrying you up and down 3 flights!

Also, the car is not a bad thing! It's the main mode of transport for humans and I really need you to just sit down and be calm and not drool on everything.

Love,

Your new person

Dear Dog,

Who's a good girl? It took you less than 2 weeks here to master rule #1: don't hassle a cat who's eating or on the litter box. Brava!

Sorry you had to learn what a cat's hiss means the hard way-- but it was only a small scratch on your muzzle. And now you know to back off, right? Just a hint: the cats do not like being chased.

I'm so happy you're here, and settling in well!

Quote Originally Posted by skhill View Post
    Dear Dog,

Who's a good girl? It took you less than 2 weeks here to master rule #1: don't hassle a cat who's eating or on the litter box. Brava!

Yeah, and how long would it take a cat to figure out the equivalent?
    Winter riding is much less about badassery and much more about bundle-uppery. - malkin

1995 Kona Cinder Cone commuterFrankenbike/Selle Italia SLR Lady Gel Flow
    2008 white Nakamura Summit Custom mtb/Terry Falcon X
    2000 Schwinn Fastback Comp road bike/Specialized Jett

Quote Originally Posted by westtexas View Post
    I just brought home my new baby on Saturday, so I can finally post to the dog thread!

Dear Dog,

Why are you so afraid of the stairs? When you get to get 70 pounds I am not carrying you up and down 3 flights!

Also, the car is not a bad thing! It's the main mode of transport for humans and I really need you to just sit down and be calm and not drool on everything.

Love,

Your new person
    Dear Mom,

Try putting a treat on each stair for me. I'll forget about the scarey stairs & happily eat the treats.

Cars frighten me. Maybe I just need to sit in it without it running, & then maybe you could start it up & not go anywhere, and then maybe just back up & go forward, etc. And I bet if you give me treats when I calm down, I'll learn that "calm car riding = cookies. Yea! I love the car now!"
    To train a dog, you must be more interesting than dirt.

Trek Project One
    Trek FX 7.4 Hybrid

Quote Originally Posted by westtexas View Post
    Stair parties are fun! If dog likes people, every single person who visits climbs some stairs. Lots of fun things can happen in stairwells. If dog likes paw targeting, you can target the first stair.

Treats, happy people, toys -- find out what is reinforcing for your dog, and stairs can become a favorite place to hang out!

Quote Originally Posted by Muirenn View Post
    Dear Dog(s),
    I do not believe your hearing improves that much just because I happen to be holding a piece of bacon.
    LOL, this is priceless.

I've not had a dog since I was 6 years old, but it is great reading all of these funny stories about them If I were home more, I would consider getting a small dog...but it wouldn't be fair to the dog.

Dear dog:

Please don't step on my feet! 105lbs of dog + nail does not feel good in the AM when I'm trying to wake up and get you out the door as quickly as possible.

Signed,

Bleary eyed, sore footed human
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

Dear dog/s

Why is it that since you came around, I resort to spelling out certain words, when spoken aloud?

Thank you for teaching me that sometimes, you just need to roll in the grass on your back, with legs in the air and a big grin....Ahhhh life is good

Can you drive this time, while I hold my head out the window??
    2012 Trek Lexa SL
    2012 Giant TCX2
    2015 Trek Remedy 7
    2016 Trek Lexa C
    2016 Specialized Hellga-Fat Bike

Awwwwwww... You guys are making me miss my furry friend and it's been nearly two years.

Dear Dog,

When you forget about your tounge and leave the tip sticking out its really cute, but I'm really afraid you'll bite yourself and off to the doggie ER we go. I've even grabbed ahold of it and you momentarily remember it belongs IN your mouth, but not for long.

Thanks,
    Mom
    Starbucks.. did someone say Starbucks?!?!
    http://www.cincylights.com