Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dear Dog

To disable ads, please log-in.

Awwwwwww... You guys are making me miss my furry friend and it's been nearly two years.

Dear Dog,

When you forget about your tounge and leave the tip sticking out its really cute, but I'm really afraid you'll bite yourself and off to the doggie ER we go. I've even grabbed ahold of it and you momentarily remember it belongs IN your mouth, but not for long.

Thanks,
    Mom
    Starbucks.. did someone say Starbucks?!?!
    http://www.cincylights.com

Dear Dog,

I'm just going to the bathroom, really. I don't think I need a chaperone.

And thanks for always being glad to see me when I come back out. The ego boost is wonderful.

Love, Your Pack Leader

Dear Dog,

I love that you're always convinced that the other side of any door is better. And that Halloween is your favorite holiday because little kids come to pet you.

Love, Your Pack Leader

Quote Originally Posted by westtexas View Post
    I just brought home my new baby on Saturday, so I can finally post to the dog thread!

Dear Dog,

Why are you so afraid of the stairs? When you get to get 70 pounds I am not carrying you up and down 3 flights!

Also, the car is not a bad thing! It's the main mode of transport for humans and I really need you to just sit down and be calm and not drool on everything.

Love,

Your new person
    Dear Mom,

Try putting a treat on each stair for me. I'll forget about the scarey stairs & happily eat the treats.

Cars frighten me. Maybe I just need to sit in it without it running, & then maybe you could start it up & not go anywhere, and then maybe just back up & go forward, etc. And I bet if you give me treats when I calm down, I'll learn that "calm car riding = cookies. Yea! I love the car now!"
    To train a dog, you must be more interesting than dirt.

Trek Project One
    Trek FX 7.4 Hybrid

Quote Originally Posted by Chile Pepper View Post
    Dear Golden Retriever:

Why do you like to carry around rocks? Why the bigger, the better? I understand that you like a challenge, but the rocks are chipping your teeth. Normal dogs like sticks. I can see that sticks might be less satisfying since they aren't round and thus don't fit in your mouth, but at least they don't chip your teeth.

Signed,
    The woman who doesn't throw the tennis ball nearly as much as you would like
    Hi mom,

Tennis balls wear down my teeth too. Maybe I'd like a nice hard nylabone?

Your dog

Trek Project One
    Trek FX 7.4 Hybrid

Sweet Boy,

The UPS man is not an Invader Who Must be Barked At Continuously.

(Sometimes he brings doggie treats!)

Signed,

Woman with hearing loss

Trek Project One
    Trek FX 7.4 Hybrid

Dear Ninja Dog -

Every morning you sneak into the bedroom and steal my socks. I left them out so I can take you out in the morning without freezing my toes off. It's getting cold out again, you know.

Signed,

Cold Feet

Dear dog,

Why do you drool in the car but no where else? You left a puddle there on your seat. That's a lot of drool dripping off your chin.

Love, your chauffeur

Dear Jensie Dog,

You can sleep eight hours when you want to but when I want to you want play time at five hours. Why???

Signed,
    Your tired and owned human
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

dear dog,

I miss you a lot. I hope you're running around with a lot of friends and eating everything you ever wanted across the rainbow bridge.

Dear dog, thank you for being a nice hostess to your little cousin Jack. Yes, he is a funny looking Toto like dog, but he just wants to be friends. I was very proud of you when you did not remove his face when he grabbed your lamb toy.

Quote Originally Posted by westtexas View Post
    Why are you so afraid of the stairs? When you get to get 70 pounds I am not carrying you up and down 3 flights!
    Stair parties are fun! If dog likes people, every single person who visits climbs some stairs. Lots of fun things can happen in stairwells. If dog likes paw targeting, you can target the first stair.

Treats, happy people, toys -- find out what is reinforcing for your dog, and stairs can become a favorite place to hang out!

Quote Originally Posted by Muirenn View Post
    Dear Dog(s),
    I do not believe your hearing improves that much just because I happen to be holding a piece of bacon.
    LOL, this is priceless.

I've not had a dog since I was 6 years old, but it is great reading all of these funny stories about them If I were home more, I would consider getting a small dog...but it wouldn't be fair to the dog.

Dear Scotty,
    please forgive me for not always being the person you seem to think I am.
    Love,
    your human
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dogs 9-2-06 scotty frame.jpg 
Views:	231 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	13933  

Dear wonderful dog,

I know that it was the best choice, leaving you with your dad, but I miss you so much. Not a day passes that I don't wish you were here with me. I'm sorry I had to leave, but I still love you.

Dear dog,

Don't look at me like that-- it's not my fault it's raining yet again. Your bladder capacity is amazing, but not unlimited; I don't think you can hold it for 3 days.

I'll hold the umbrella over you while you pee, if you like!