Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Dear Dog

To disable ads, please log-in.

Dear wonderful dog,

I know that it was the best choice, leaving you with your dad, but I miss you so much. Not a day passes that I don't wish you were here with me. I'm sorry I had to leave, but I still love you.

Dear dog,

Don't look at me like that-- it's not my fault it's raining yet again. Your bladder capacity is amazing, but not unlimited; I don't think you can hold it for 3 days.

I'll hold the umbrella over you while you pee, if you like!

Dear Brown Dog,

Thanks for playing nice with the other dog at Thanksgiving dinner. Yes, he's a little strange, and yes, he insisted on chewing on your bone and your squeaky chicken. Thank you for understanding that "Chikin" had to go away in order to preserve the peace.

You're a good dog, and your dad and I love you very much.

Mom

P.S. Why is the squeaky toy more valuable than the bone? Every potential scuffle has been over a squeaky toy, never a bone. Please explain this to your confuzzled momma.

Dear dog, I know the eight legged "snax" that sometimes appear on the floor are fun to play with before eating, but must you roll on them too? Smooshed bug is very unappetizing.

Dear Big Dog

How did you ever figure out how to open the fridge?????

Quote Originally Posted by ladyicon View Post
    How did you ever figure out how to open the fridge?????
    My Flat Coated Retriever did it by pulling on the towel hanging on the handle.
    To train a dog, you must be more interesting than dirt.

Trek Project One
    Trek FX 7.4 Hybrid

Dear Dog,

It's pretty obvious how you got up on top of the piano-- the piano bench was a convenient stepping stool. What I really wonder about is why you decided to climb a baby grand.

If you ever do it again, would you stay put up there long enough for me to get a picture?

Quote Originally Posted by snapdragen View Post
    Dear dog, I know the eight legged "snax" that sometimes appear on the floor are fun to play with before eating, but must you roll on them too? Smooshed bug is very unappetizing.
    Dear Dog,
    I would really appreciate it if you would be as good a killer of 8 legged freaks as you are a mouser. Your mom becomes psychotic from seeing the 8 legged freaks.

Not all who wander are lost

Dear Dog,
    I have been training dogs for years, I really can do it. Shaping is simple and fun, dogs love it. Now get in the darn box!
    The mutts can do it, the mutts each learned it, by shaping and clicking, in the matter of minutes. You are a pure bred dog with immaculate lineage, now get in the darn box!

..and my photo of you, my beautiful pure bred Italian greyhound... it doesn't exist, because you won't even try to get in the darned box!
    My photoblog
    http://dragons-fly-peacefully.blogspot.com/
    Bacchetta Giro (recumbent commuter)
    Bacchetta Corsa (recumbent "fast" bike)
    Greespeed X3 (recumbent "just for fun" trike)
    Strada Velomobile
    I will never buy another bike!

Quote Originally Posted by skhill View Post
    Dear Dog,

It's pretty obvious how you got up on top of the piano-- the piano bench was a convenient stepping stool. What I really wonder about is why you decided to climb a baby grand.

If you ever do it again, would you stay put up there long enough for me to get a picture?
    well he was looking for a new perspective as well as a challenge. :0

marni
    marni
    Katy, Texas
    Trek Madone 6.5- "Red"
    Trek Pilot 5.2- " Bebe"

"easily outrun by a chihuahua."

Quote Originally Posted by beccaB View Post
    Dear Dog,
    I would really appreciate it if you would be as good a killer of 8 legged freaks as you are a mouser. Your mom becomes psychotic from seeing the 8 legged freaks.
    My guy is fascinated with bees. So far, no bad reactions. He eats them.

Trek Project One
    Trek FX 7.4 Hybrid

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmama View Post
    My guy is fascinated with bees. So far, no bad reactions. He eats them.
    My shepherd mix does that also. We had a hornet in the house once - sounded like an airplane. I was trying to chase it out the door with a broom, and she jumped up and clipped it in half - ate the non-threatening end. Has done that with several wasps since. I keep Benadryl on hand in case one manages to sting her, but they never do.

Course, sometimes she smooshes the bee, then barks at it to get up and play some more.
    2009 Fuji Team

My blog - which rarely mentions cycling. It's really about decorating & food. http://www.crisangsteninteriors.com/blog

Dear Dog,

I haven't had a new bike in 17 years. That's 126 dog years. As you know, this week I laid out a serious chunk of cash for a new bike. So, WHY did you pick today to counter surf, knock down a bowl & eat glass? Did you think the vet's kids need new shoes?

Signed - Exasperated Dogmama

Trek Project One
    Trek FX 7.4 Hybrid

Dear Dog,

Could you please refrain from feasting in the cat's litter boxes. Those little treats you are after are not toostie rolls!
    Marcie

Dear Dog,

When you enjoy your litter-box crunchies, could you please not breathe or drool on me immediately afterwards?