Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

CycleOps Customer Service?

To disable ads, please log-in.

Can anyone attest to how they handle warranty returns?

We have a Mag trainer that was purchased early this past Spring. The thing pulsates like a car with a wheel out-of-balance. Horrible. I couldn't tolerate more than 30 minutes on the thing. I think I did 2 rides before I gave up. It was like riding on cobblestones.

DH had given me the trainer as a gift, as my previous, ancient Magneto trainer was dying a painful death. I kept bugging him to return the trainer, but it never happened. And, of course, he lost the receipt.

So 6+ months later I don't feel like our LBS owes us a replacement. I contacted CycleOps about a week ago via their site, but never heard back, even though they state that they will reply in 2-3 days. So I just filled out the online contact form again.

Are they ignoring me? Even though we no longer have the receipt, we DO have the tracking info. on the box and it was delivered to our LBS in early March. The box is also stamped with 2/7/11, which I am assuming is the production date. So even without receipt, it should still be easy to determine that it's well within the warranty period.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2

I've heard they are pretty good. I would talk to the LBS, though. Make it clear that you don't think *they* owe you a replacement. They are used to dealing with warranty claims, and can probably help you out. Good luck - that sucks!
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

Call them.
    My mag trainer, at least 5 years old, had a worn part that they replaced, no charge for the part or shipping, and then the wheel surrounding the mag needed to be re-tightened so they sent the assembly/dis-assembly instructions (free) as well as giving support on the phone. I'd say their customer service was very good.
    ccnyc
    2006 Serotta Concours/Terry Butterfly Ti

The handle broke on our Cycleops about 5 years ago and they replaced it without question. DH called them and spoke with someone (he doesn't remember exactly), we mailed it in and they replaced it. It was very simple and quite satisfactory.

Their customer service department may have changed since then like many other companies but we were quite pleased with the service we got.

Luna Eclipse/Selle Italia Lady
    Surly Pacer/Terry Butterfly
    Quintana Roo Cd01/Koobi Stratus
    1981 Schwinn Le Tour Tourist
    Jamis Coda Femme

I was just told yesterday to take my 6 or 7 year old Cycle Ops trainer back to the LBS where I bought it to get a part fixed (I am too lazy to carry that thing 2 blocks... I moved the skewer to accommodate a stuck mechanism, so I am using it anyway). Someone else I know did this and CycleOps worked with the store to get the parts and fix her trainer.

Call

You need to call CycleOps, 800-783-7257. They almost never respond to the contact form. It's funny because it's impossible to find their phone number until after you've taken the time to submit the contact form. Then the 800 number is displayed in tiny text at the bottom, with a note that unless your question is very simple you should call.

Their phone support is actually pretty good (if you don't mind the phone) but it's frustrating that they require you to waste your time with the contact form first.

Quote Originally Posted by cmc View Post
    Their phone support is actually pretty good (if you don't mind the phone) but it's frustrating that they require you to waste your time with the contact form first.
    Ha, I totally hate the phone, which is funny, since I used to spend hours on the phone as a kid. Now I'd much rather communicate in writing.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2

And thanks for the #!
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'12 Salsa Mukluk 3