Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Cycling on Oahu?

To disable ads, please log-in.

Have found one good blog about an 112m round-island route.

Anyone been to, or live on Oahu that can suggest a route or have tips regarding circling the island?

We are heading over there next week. Am going to rent road bikes for a one day trip around the island.

Auckland...Honolulu... now San Diego.... where next ?!?
    Think you'll find there's not many options on getting round the island From Honolulu go along K' highway towards Hawaii Kai, round to Kailua and then up the windward side to Haleiwa and down the middle past the Dole Plantation..... I'm not sure how you bypass highway 1 from Pearl harbor back to Honolulu...?

I found the roads narrow, windy and few bike lanes - quite scary. Talk to the Bike Shop on south King street on the best options....
    People do not decide to become extraordinary. They decide to accomplish extraordinary things - Sir Edmund Hillary

Bike Shop on S Kings is where we plan to rent.

The route you listed sounds like the one we are going to do. I believe it is a reverse of the annual road race "**** Evans Memorial Ride".

We are staying in Hawaii Kai and are somewhat familiar with the route we'll take.

Well we did it. Rented 2012 Specialized Allez from The Bike Shop on S Kings St in Honolulu. Picked up the bikes on Monday evening....set out around 7:30am. We did a counter clockwise loop from Hawaii Kai up through Kailua (sp?) and to the North Shore. Here's where it got a little squirrely for us. My phone died because of apps I had opened...only got about 60 miles recorded on Strava...we relied on very sparse gps signal from Haliewa (sp?) back to Honolulu. There was a 3 mile stretch gaining about 1000ft of elevation...believe me, after having the wind to our back for the earlier part of the ride,...this 3 miles was tough!
    But nothing compared to trying to find our way back to S King St and avoid highways....which we did end up on a few times...THAT WAS SCARY!
    So glad we picked up the bikes the night before, because we probably wouldn't have made it before we lost day light.
    All in all, I think we logged in just over 100 miles...so that was MY VERY FIRST CENTURY ride.
    It was a great experience and if you have a chance to rent from The Bike Shop ... they were great! And very reasonable...it only cost us $40 per bike for the day.

Congrats, lawnchick! Very cool.

Could you post the route you took on something like mapmyride.com?
    2001 Cannondale R500 <3
    2011 Specialized Ruby Elite Apex
    2021 Tangential Speedarama

Not sure if this will work or not, but it is on my dailymile account.

http://www.dailymile.com/people/Donn...tries/11242968