Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Trike riders?

Trike riders?

To disable ads, please log-in.

I am new to the forum and wondered if anyone rides a recumbent trike. I do ride an ICE trike and it is just great. I started riding it because I had a foot injury that made it challenging to get off and on a road bike. This bike lets me go everywhere and still feel great at the end of a trip.

My husband has to ride a trike because of a balance condition. He has a Greenspeed GT3. He is retired and gets out on his trike for all his errands and some good distance riding too.

I lust for an ICE Adventure FS. It is on my buy list maybe for next summer or the year after. I've hit my spending limit for this year.

Do you just use it on trails or do you also ride on city streets? How do you find handling traffic?
    Trek Madone 4.7 WSD
    Cannondale Quick4
    1969 Schwinn Collegiate, original owner
    Terry Classic

Richard Feynman: “The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”

I have a couple of bents, including a Greenspeed X3 and a velomobile. Love my bents.
    Welcome to the forum.
    My photoblog
    http://dragons-fly-peacefully.blogspot.com/
    Bacchetta Giro (recumbent commuter)
    Bacchetta Corsa (recumbent "fast" bike)
    Greespeed X3 (recumbent "just for fun" trike)
    Strada Velomobile
    I will never buy another bike!

I ride with a guy on a recumbent and one on a trike. Pretty neat bikes. My only beef with the trike is that he's waaaaay down there on the ground. While I can deal with the difficulty conversing with him, I always always always worry a car will not see him, especially at night.

We go on trails and on the road. My husband bought one for himself and I was using a road bike. He thought it would be better for me so he bought one for me too. I thought it was weird to ride it with the road bike anyway. The ICE is just great. I tried the Catrike pocket and liked it but wanted one that folds so I got the ICE. We go everywhere with them. They aren't fast but we can climb any hill.
    Thanks for the replies. I have an article from a weekend trip to San Diego that that will be published on-line on Adventure Cycling.

I just got a used Terratrike. I had a crash on my single a couple of years ago and am still nervous, so thought a trike was in order. I mostly ride tandem with my husband, but wanted something I could go out on my own.