Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

I'm a bit late in reading this thread, but I wanted to offer my congratulations to Anelia! Way to go.

I'm so humbled in reading this thread. On the recent tour that DH and I did in Canyonlands N.P., we did 30 miles a day on what amounts to a doubletrack trail. Granted, it was a tour and not a race or a training ride for a race, but it took the group the better part of the day to do those 30 miles. I cannot imagine doing singletrack at the pace you guys are traveling or for as many miles a day that you're covering. I'm truly amazed at your endurance and mental focus. Good luck at your race, Limewave. As I said after your most recent race, you are one tenatious woman. I love reading about your adventures.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

+1 on what Indy said. All of you rock, it is exciting and humbling to read what all of you can do, and DO do on a regular basis. Each of you are my role models and someday I hope to be able to do at least a portion of what you are capable of.

Limewave, that sounds like a fun day - even if the last 15 miles did get long. You will rock the XC race, I just know it!
    Last edited by Catrin; 05-15-2012 at 08:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by limewave View Post
    DH and I rode 90 miles on our mountain bikes yesterday.
    Mostly it was a nice ride. But the last 15 miles were brutal. I just wanted to be done. I am dreading the 100 mile xc race. Just 33 days to go . . . . .
    Hush Limewave, you're going to CRUSH it!

Four more weekends until LJ! Woot! Come by the camper and say hi. I'll be the one with three crazy weimaraners. :-) Just got back from Syllamos Revenge in Arkansas. It was my second NUE of the year. Only have Mohican and Lumberjack to go and then I'm going to relax and veg! lol

Jeni

Jeni, we'll be camping there too. I'll definitely keep an eye out for you!
    2005 Giant TCR2
    2012 Trek Superfly Elite AL
    2nd Sport, Pando Fall Challenge 2011 and 3rd Expert Peak2Peak 2011
    2001 Trek 8000 SLR
    Iceman 2010-6th Place AG State Games, 2010-1st Sport, Cry Baby Classic 2010-7th Expert, Blackhawk XTerra Tri 2007-3rd AG

Occasionally Updated Blog

I've been bragging all over FB, but I managed to get in a 75 mile training ride this week. Zoom-Zoom's DH was able to do a few laps with me. I did take about a 2.5 hour break between the first 50 and the last 25.But, I did it. yay! 2 weeks to LJ100.

You ready TrekJeni???
    Last edited by limewave; 06-01-2012 at 06:49 AM.
    2005 Giant TCR2
    2001 Trek 8000 SLR
    Iceman 2010-6th Place AG State Games, 2010-1st Sport, Cry Baby Classic 2010-7th Expert, Blackhawk XTerra Tri 2007-3rd AG

Quote Originally Posted by TrekJeni View Post
    Hush Limewave, you're going to CRUSH it!

Four more weekends until LJ! Woot! Come by the camper and say hi. I'll be the one with three crazy weimaraners. :-) Just got back from Syllamos Revenge in Arkansas. It was my second NUE of the year. Only have Mohican and Lumberjack to go and then I'm going to relax and veg! lol

Jeni
    My goal is to do as much of the NUE series as possible one day and DH wants to tackle it as well, once I tried marathons last winter I found long events are my "poison" and doing more is the only cure! We're hoping to move to NM or CO in 4-5 years and then I am pretty sure it will be doable. Right now living in Central Texas it is hard to do endurance training in the summer and hard to travel outside of the state. The people I know who spend a considerable amount of time at altitude are so much better at all types of riding but really I just want to see mountains everyday. Good luck ladies!
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

Quote Originally Posted by limewave View Post
    I've been bragging all over FB, but I managed to get in a 75 mile training ride this week. Zoom-Zoom's DH was able to do a few laps with me. I did take about a 2.5 hour break between the first 50 and the last 25.But, I did it. yay! 2 weeks to LJ100.
    You totally earned those bragging rights! Are you tapering, now? Derek seems to be enjoying the ease-up on miles and intensity, now.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2

Quote Originally Posted by zoom-zoom View Post
    You totally earned those bragging rights! Are you tapering, now? Derek seems to be enjoying the ease-up on miles and intensity, now.
    I'm tapering too. Although, I haven't really been doing a lot of mileage on a regular basis. More like 90 minute rides with 4 endurance rides thrown in over the last 3 months . . . . . .
    2005 Giant TCR2
    2001 Trek 8000 SLR

Ha, don't feel bad. I'm 3 weeks away from my first road century of the year and my longest ride all year has been a 50 miler. We'd hoped to go out for 60, today, but I don't think the weather is going to hold up. I'm hoping to squeeze in a 70 miler next weekend so I don't feel like a totally unfit slouch.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'12 Salsa Mukluk 3

Even though I won't do as well as I originally wanted to, I don't feel like I sacrificed time with my family or neglected my responsibilities. I'll finish. It will be a long day but a great accomplishment
    2005 Giant TCR2
    2001 Trek 8000 SLR

I am really excited for you LW... this is going to be incredible. My personal trainer and the rest of his crew train for Syllamo's Revenge in Arkansas every year-- I'm one of the few who is not training for that (plus it's already done)... maybe I'll do it next year? Looks like a crazy course.

How technical is the LJ course?
    Help me reach my $8,000 goal for the American Lung Association! Riding Seattle to D.C. for clean air! http://larissaridesforcleanair.org
    http://action.lungusa.org/goto/larissapowers

Quote Originally Posted by Reesha View Post
    I am really excited for you LW... this is going to be incredible. My personal trainer and the rest of his crew train for Syllamo's Revenge in Arkansas every year-- I'm one of the few who is not training for that (plus it's already done)... maybe I'll do it next year? Looks like a crazy course.

How technical is the LJ course?
    LJ100 course is a great first 100 miler course. Not technical, a couple of the descents tend to get a bit rough but overall it's a great course.
    The big plus is the vibe is really great and Rick does a super job on all the events he puts on.

She did it...and was awesome and all smiles at the finish! You'd never have known she worked so hard for so many miles.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'12 Salsa Mukluk 3

Thanks Zoom-Zoom!

I FINALLY got around to putting together some kind of race report. I posted it under the racing section.
    2005 Giant TCR2
    2001 Trek 8000 SLR

Yesterday I was at an endurance race, too. 100 km. I had set 2 goals: finishing first and setting a new women's record for the race. Mission accomplished My time was 5 hours 16 minutes. I could have done better but I was too shy on the downhills because there were too many people (over 700 cyclists and 300 runners) and this is the first time I ride the course. Also I needed a better energy and fuel timing. Still, I am happy