Can someone explain this behavior me as I don't get it.

I took my Fargo in to get the cadence sensor/computer to my LBS and both the owner and the mechanic start ogling over my bike and especially the tires. I had changed out the originals to ones that are standard on Surly Cross Checks. Ritchey something tires?

The guy at another bike shop sold them to me for a few bucks after admiring the bike and asked if he had the tires since I'd already purchased the Fargo. Some other guy didn't want the tires after he bought his bike so I purchased them.

I can see the fascination with the bike since they don't carry Salsa but the tires? My LBS owner has extremely fancy tires on his bikes, same with the mechanic. It was hilarious watching them play with the bike and spinning the tires over and over in fascination.

The same thing happened last week when I went to get my Fargo adjusted at the store I bought it from. The two guys there loved the tires and said it was perfect for the bike. Again, they were spinning the tires in fascination.

Is there something about these tires that I don't know about? They aren't expensive either. I just liked them because they were more mountain bike tires despite being thin and not the crappy hybrid tires of the same size that everyone has. I needed more of an off-road tire and these seemed perfect.

Men are truly a whole other species. LOL.