Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Iceman coverage from Cyclingdirt.com

To disable ads, please log-in.

A fun video of the pros at Iceman this weekend. If you're in the midwest and ride a mountain bike, you gotta check it out sometime!
    2005 Giant TCR2
    2012 Trek Superfly Elite AL
    2nd Sport, Pando Fall Challenge 2011 and 3rd Expert Peak2Peak 2011
    2001 Trek 8000 SLR
    Iceman 2010-6th Place AG State Games, 2010-1st Sport, Cry Baby Classic 2010-7th Expert, Blackhawk XTerra Tri 2007-3rd AG

Occasionally Updated Blog

That was excellent! And now I need to find out if I can get a women's cut Culver's jersey like that one guy had on at the starting line...
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2

Zoom-zoom, you will be doing this race next year. And after the race, you can come hang out at our campfire! It is so awesome to finish the race, walk back to camp, take a hot shower, catch some zzz's, drink some beers, then walk over to watch the kids and the pro's race. We've already made our campground reservations for next year
    2005 Giant TCR2
    2001 Trek 8000 SLR
    Iceman 2010-6th Place AG State Games, 2010-1st Sport, Cry Baby Classic 2010-7th Expert, Blackhawk XTerra Tri 2007-3rd AG

Quote Originally Posted by limewave View Post
    Zoom-zoom, you will be doing this race next year. And after the race, you can come hang out at our campfire! It is so awesome to finish the race, walk back to camp, take a hot shower, catch some zzz's, drink some beers, then walk over to watch the kids and the pro's race. We've already made our campground reservations for next year
    Camping at Timber Ridge? Do you have to make reservations this early? I was thinking about the state park. Camping is a lot more fun than a hotel.

Not all who wander are lost

Quote Originally Posted by limewave View Post
    Oooh...I should tell DH that if he does Lumberjack that I get to do Iceman!
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2

The last two years we made our reservations at Timber Ridge in August or early September. But we found out that we could make our reservations as early as the day after Iceman. We went ahead and reserved our sites b/c we want to cluster 3-4 sites together with our friends. I don't understand how the reservation system works for this event, we tried getting a site next to our friends this year and they wouldn't let us, but by reserving them this early, we were able to guarantee neighboring sites.

The campground does fill up. We had a few sites next to us that people reserved just to park cars for the day. I have a feeling the campground is going to fill up earlier and earlier . . . and the cost is going higher and higher too.

The state park there is nice. We do a lot of camping there. It's not too far from the finish venue which is nice and it's close to down town.
    2005 Giant TCR2
    2001 Trek 8000 SLR