Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

hijack

Quote Originally Posted by Sky King View Post
    OHHHH, we are going to be at the North American Handmade Bicycle Show in Sacramento in early March
    I'll be there too! I've been to most of the NAHBSs on the west coast, and it's back in my neck of the woods, so it's a no-miss for me.

At the very least you might want to take a spin on the American River Bike Trail.

Maybe a TE get together ride?

/hijack

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
    now a trip like this is on my bucket list. So pretty and such a great read. Congrats on your trip!
    Check out my running blog: www.turtlepacing.blogspot.com

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)
    Bianchi Eros (commuter/touring road bike)

1983 Motobecane mixte (commuter/errand bike)
    Cannondale F5 mountain bike

Wow...nice trip for sure. I'm curious about the riding conditions of the roads. DH and I did some bike riding around the Calistoga area and we were disappointed with the amount of traffic and lack of bike lanes (or shoulder). We never felt safe. Has that improved? We've talked about giving it another try, but don't want to be disappointed.
    We do not take a trip; a trip takes us - John Steinbeck

Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    Wow...nice trip for sure. I'm curious about the riding conditions of the roads. DH and I did some bike riding around the Calistoga area and we were disappointed with the amount of traffic and lack of bike lanes (or shoulder). We never felt safe. Has that improved? We've talked about giving it another try, but don't want to be disappointed.
    The conditions of the road on day 1 (Petaluma to Healdsburg) were rough but other than that most surfaces were fair to very good. Traffic was rarely an issue, the tour company rides focus on the road less traveled so except for a few exceptions (highway 1 for one , Bohemian highway another) traffic was light. Of course I can only speak to where we rode... not sure about the area as a whole.
    "It is never too late to be what you might have been."

http://www.loveofbikes.com