Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

It turned out my computer problems were caused by it not being clicked into the mount completely...

Nanci
    "...I'm like the cycling version of the guy in Flowers for Algernon." Mike Magnuson

Wireless computers

So far, I'm not getting a good impression of wireless computers. Mine acts just like everyone here was saying. I just went to Radio Shack and got a new battery for the sensor but I havn't tried it out yet. I know it at least sends the signal now as I did spin the wheel. Not sure if it will be giving out crazy readings as before. It worked great for the first few months and then went crazy. Next inline is to reset the entire computer.

I just haven't had any luck with my wireless computer. The distance and orientation between the magnet and the sending unit seems to be so specific that even the simple vibration of the wheel against the road is enough to knock it out of the required alignment.
    I've reverted to the wired version, and all is good.

Computer battery

I agree with everyone that suggested that you replace the battery. I have used wireless computers for 5-6 years now, and it seems that they do have a tendency to go through batteries a bit sooner than the wired models.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanci
    It was weird yesterday morning, too, when it wasn't so cold. I bought it a new battery, and will test it out tonight after work, if I get home in time! When I spun the front wheel, all looked well, though. I actually read the hours, and think it was around 190 or something. I _hate_ riding and not having the miles counted!

Nanci
    Nanci, You should be able to go into the computer and change the odometer reading. Just add in the miles that it didn't record...that way you'll have an accurate record.

You mean I could if I didn't have cyclocomputerphobia! I don't know why I can deal with all other technology easily, but I can't deal with bike computers. I am afraid to even adjust the clock!

I did manage to get it unlocked after I locked it by accident, though, a couple weekends ago...

Lava is going to turn 4000 on her next ride!

Nanci
    "...I'm like the cycling version of the guy in Flowers for Algernon." Mike Magnuson