Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Jolt is offline Dodging the potholes...

To disable ads, please log-in.

Here's some info on the place where this is happening...WHAT have I gotten myself into? http://www.yelp.com/biz/royale-boston Somebody says it's a "small" venue and "only" holds 1000 people...that is NOT small!! I'm seriously about to have a panic attack just thinking about the crowd we're sure to be in...
    2011 Surly LHT
    1995 Trek 830

"Noise level: Very loud. Good for dancing: Yes." Sounds like my kind of place

It sounds like a not very formal place so I wouldn't worry overly about the dress code. I'd say anything that looks pretty but is on the elegant and simple rather than cute or sporty side would be appropriate.

When I was in my twenties with a very limited wardrobe this sort of question would have me in frustrated and insecure knots, because I had no idea what to wear and I really wanted not to look dumb. Now I do have more to wear and a better idea of what to wear, but I've also found out that other people just don't care that much, unless you're going to a wedding or something really formal.
    Winter riding is much less about badassery and much more about bundle-uppery. - malkin

1995 Kona Cinder Cone commuterFrankenbike/Selle Italia SLR Lady Gel Flow
    2008 white Nakamura Summit Custom mtb/Terry Falcon X
    2000 Schwinn Fastback Comp road bike/Specialized Jett

Quote Originally Posted by lph View Post
    "Noise level: Very loud. Good for dancing: Yes." Sounds like my kind of place
    Not mine! Two things I really can't stand: crowds and loud places. Needless to say, the combination is even worse. Had I realized what kind of situation I would be walking into, I probably would not have agreed to go. And just to top it off I get to drive into Boston to get there...stressful in itself. It should be an interesting night.
    2011 Surly LHT
    1995 Trek 830

Oooh, that sounds like FUN! The LBD would do the trick. Post a pic? Boots or tights with flats might do well. A big white necklace might pick up the white trim on it, or a white blazer or white cardi. Have fun, be creative. Just have fun!

I'm headed to a decor judging on Monday in Atlanta, so I'm also trying to figure what to wear. Anybody have a Fendi bag I can borrow? I prefer handmade bags, think hippie - which won't fly! Can't get too dolled up as I'll be in Chattanooga all day doing meetings & preshopping for a client project.
    2009 Fuji Team

My blog - which rarely mentions cycling. It's really about decorating & food. http://www.crisangsteninteriors.com/blog

Quote Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
    Not mine! Two things I really can't stand: crowds and loud places. Needless to say, the combination is even worse. Had I realized what kind of situation I would be walking into, I probably would not have agreed to go. And just to top it off I get to drive into Boston to get there...stressful in itself. It should be an interesting night.
    Well, for a music venue 1000 is small.

But with that many people there, you will see all kinds of outfits, ranging from elegant and classic "cocktail attire" to what-was-that-person-thinking. So there's no need to worry about looking out of place. Also it probably will not be cold, so you might wind up checking your sweater with your coat.

I'm not big on dance clubs but when I find myself in noisy crowds like that I usually just stand back and people-watch. That's always entertaining. And since the main event is the movie, it won't last too long.

So what movie is premiering?

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

Well, it turns out we're not going...my friend isn't feeling so great and won't be up to it. I'm kind of relieved given the whole driving into Boston and then dealing with crowds and noise thing...it would have been cool to see a movie premiere but I could do without some of the other stuff that goes with this one. The movie is called Oxy Morons, btw...hadn't heard anything else about it. On the plus side, at least I know a little more now about what to wear to events that call for "cocktail attire"!! Next time something comes up I won't be so clueless.
    2011 Surly LHT
    1995 Trek 830